New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    You should check your nuts at least once a week... hmmm... I think I should go check mine.

There's also the factor of old, rusty lugs snapping off... malamang ganyan yung nangyari sa isa, then over time, the others wore down because of the unbalanced vibrations until they all gave way, catastrophically.
    Proofread man...iba pagkaintindi ko

Here in the US marami ako nakikita na tire blow-outs. Bakit? Paiba-iba kasi temperature dati ti was really hot so the tires were probably overinflated. Then it became much cooler, so now the tires are underinflated (assuming they do not know how to adjust the pressures). I often see tire treads on the freeway minsan iniiwasan ko na lang then I see the disabled vehicle on the side of the road with the rim badly scraped sans the tires.
    Last edited by mbeige; September 28th, 2007 at 04:05 PM.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    *niky, artpogi, meledson
    parang may hidden meaning sa post nyo haha.

i'm told that when tightening the lugnuts, i should wait until that "click" sound. madalas i put my entire weight on the lever to tighten the lugnuts (magaan lang ako, 120lbs hehe)

buti di ka nga tinamaan pag nagkataon laking pinsala sayo nun... ingta dre sa kalye!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    There's a specific torque... you ought to invest in a torque wrench.

Over-tightening the nuts can be just as bad as under-tightening... you can strip either the nuts or the lugs of thread, which would cause them to actually become looser over time.

My nuts are just fine... checked them when I went to the C.R. a while ago.

What? The garage is on the way to the john...

------

One other thing you should really check is the condition of the studs, especially if the vehicle is old and used for cargo. When we were changing tires on the Hilander, one of the studs snapped in half ( ) when the tireboy was putting the wheel back on. If that had happened on the road, I dread to think of what would have occurred.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. FrankDrebin Guest
    Now we are talking about nuts. Hehehe.

Any, another thing that may be mislook upon is the wheel bearing.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Nakakita na rin akong ganto sa Fort. May mabagal na old Tamaraw sa unahan ko. While following it and waiting for a chance to overtake napansin ko lakas ng wiggle ng left rear tire nya. Buti na lang di ako naka-overtake agad kasi a few meters after natanggal bigla ang gulong! Swerte sya walang sasakyan sa opposite lane. Kung nag-overtake ako nun baka maunahan pa ako ng runaway wheel

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    yikes! weird encounter. buti di ka tinamaan.

i don't think i've seen anything similar to what happened to you. although, muntik na ko matanggalan ng wheels while driving din before. i was hearing some strange noises from the rear left wheel, so i stopped. good thing, too. di ko pala nasikipan masyado yung nuts and it was coming loose already. and buti nalang nasa subdivision pa ko and wala sa highway.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Scary talaga.

I experienced this also in the freeway of Saudi Arabia, suddenly a whole set of tire leap off from a pick up truck i was following and suddenly it was bouncing high towards me. It did bounce over my car, but I really thought it will smash through my windshield. I was running at 120KPH at that time and hard swerving would be very impossible so I just watch the tire pass overhead and watch my rear view mirror to see where the tire landed I did shake the bones in me hard.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    just checked my nuts . ...... great, both are still there.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Bro buti hindi ka natamaan.

May ganyan ding nangyari dito. Yung Autobus natanggal yung gulong sa likuran patay yung tinamaang tao.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
a tire almost hit me....