New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i left at age 20.

i agree 100% with frankdrebin. napakahirap na adjustment ang mag-sarili. you have to learn everything yourself or else you don't eat, have clothes to wear, or money to spend.

but when you learn everything and be successful, you know that you can handle anything the world can throw at you and not need anything from anyone ever. you also have the pride of knowing that you built everything you have with your own hard work

2. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    naalala ko nga pala..minsan may nakasabay ako sa airport..totoy pa..siguro mga 17-18 yrs old na guy..(papuntang LA)..hehehe umiiyak na at naglalabas ng sama ng loob sa akin...dahil naiwan daw GF niya dito sa Pinas..ano daw gagawin niya?..dami pang tanong sa akin..hehehe

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    kaya mo yan mapalad ka maganda options mo.

i left my parents house at the age of 18 kahit na taytay lang kami upa ko ng kuwarto sa manila at ako nagpaaral ng sarili ko then pag graduate alis agad saudi pa hehehe...

hirap pag me naiwan na GF lalo na kung di lang GF mo at ka live in mo pa kupo sakit sa dibdib unang buwan ko saudi di ako makapagtutulog at nangangalumata ako sa opis eh eheheh..

laking adjustment lang lalo na ang gawain sa bahay at luto... then pakikisama etc etc... lahat naman na nabanggit ng iba. isipin mo na lang adventure di ka naman mapapariwara kung didisiplinahin mo maigi ang sarili mo.

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    HI prometheus!

I can say that it would be very difficult going away especially when you have to go outside of the country and adjust to the new culture. Although, it would be very challenging and depende na rin how mature you are to cope up with the situation.

On my case naman, I've been away from what I call "home" since I was 13 years old. My parents sent me to a private school in Davao City for high school and even far away when I went to college and Proper MED. Ever since, I have gotten used to staying away from what I call "HOME". In high school, uuwi lang ako sa probinsiya once a month na susunduin to see my parents but in college, I still get to see them but they are the ones flying to see me in Cebu. It was kinda difficult at first but you'll find out later that you were gonna go away anyway at some point in your life.

Pero everytime tinatanong sa akin about going away especially going to another country, I would say that if only my income would be enough to keep me secure of my future, I would have stayed sa Pilipinas. In your case, may negosyo naman kayo that would probably take care of you for the rest of your life. May negosyo din kami but we are 6 in the family. Siguro if I stayed, comfortable lang ang life namin and not that fabulous and worry-free. I can't deny that my decision was good and my life is so much better than I imagined it would be. I have two brothers taking care of our business while the rest of us nandito na sa States.

I think Prometheus, ask yourself about your goals in life and you will get your answer. It would be very important to know what your plans for your future are. We all know that at some point in our life, we are going to leave home and start our own, di ba? Its just a matter of knowing when and where you want to build your own home.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    If you've been offered a job abroad and the pay is ok, why not take a year off and try out that job? I see no reason why a 21 year old would have to stay home unless your parents are old and they have no one to take care of them. I left home when I was around 19-20 years old. Worked and went to college. I visit my mom a whole lot, not just once a year. I often call her up too.

You better explore while you still have options, otherwise magsisisi ka.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    yup tama si jolog1...

masmasaya kung mag-sasarili ka pero tuwing weekend pwede mo itambak labada mo sa bahay ng parents mo... at kung may suporta na galing sa kanila... pero kung wala, wag ka matakot, kasi lahat naman kailangan dumaan dun to become a stronger man... hindi lahat ng pagkakataon andyan ang magulang natin...

kung may kalive-in ka mas-okay at least divided yun housework... ikaw sa carwash, siya sa luto, laundry, linis... ehehehehe...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    View from the other side of the fence...

It will be just as diffcult an adjustment for the love ones you leave back home like your parents and friends.

But when they see you cope well and survive the adjustment, there would be no happier people than they themselves. Your parents or yaya or katulong (if you have one still with your family) would only be too happy when you call or email home for the recipe of chicken adobo and the like, or when you ask how to set a washing machine, or which brand of vacuum cleaner or non-stick fry pan your mom uses. We know this as these were the kind of calls we get from our son in the UK.

In this age of mobile phones, emails, webcam and online chat (with Messenger or Yahoo and the like), you have plenty of help to sort out the homesickness bit. Writing letters is still the best, as you can pour your thoughts into it at that moment and the recipients can read it again and again.

Believe me, when you get the chance to see each other again during holidays and breaks, the feeling is so great that nothing in the world could be better than paying business class to come home, and seeing everybody enjoy the pasalubongs you bought from your sikap, pawis and tiyaga.

Go spread your wings man, the world is waiting for you to explore. You would always have the warm tuck under your parents wing when you come home. Your place in their hearts will always be there and no one can ever take that place away.
    Last edited by bm5er; December 12th, 2004 at 01:35 PM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    go for it!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Parang tele novela ang mga post dito ah. Anyways, saludo ako sa mga self supporting peeps. The earlier you start the better. Just stay away from temptations, alam mo na. Goodluck.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Maraming salamat po sa mga payo at suporta, binabasa ko kagabi pa ang thread, yung mga iba napapaluha ako pag binabasa ko , pero masaya lang ako at nagkaroon ako ng insights. Wala pa akong desisyon ngayon pero sa isip at puso gustong-gusto kong mag-abroad. Tama po yung mga iba, hirap iiwan pag may gf ka dito na naiwan o kaya kalive-in. Parang may buto na nabili sa tagiliran siguro ang feeling ng mawalay.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Time to leave what we call home.