New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Actually, I already received the same offer from them.

The free dinner/lunch is true - we were able to avail one for free.

Then they'll tour you around their facilities to offer you a membership in Astoria. You can decline or avail of their membership services (that's where the free stay comes in).

It's not really a scam per se.
    sir m2 so you did come and avail for the buffet? did they make you pay for anything? say..service tax or what?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by architect View Post
    One thing you need to watch for is that a lot of these unscrupulous companies use high-pressure tactics to force you to purchase whatever it is they are pushing.

It does not help much if you actually availed of the offer (free trip, free one night stay, etc.) since at that point presumably you are in their location and are pretty much a captive audience, or rather, prey.

The fact that they require both spouses to attend is a give-away that such purchases typically are significant enough to require spousal consent. But then again, as mazdamazda pointed out, there are legit offers, too. You just have to be smart and alert enough to distinguish them.
    i guess so...kasi initially she verified if i'm just a plain housewife..then she asked what's my husband's position sa work at kung saang company..siguro if i'm the one earning di na nya insist ang husband ko.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by spongee View Post
    sir m2 so you did come and avail for the buffet? did they make you pay for anything? say..service tax or what?
    the buffet was free...

actually, 6 kaming pumunta dun. tapos may promo/discount pa yata sa buffet. I ended up only paying P600+ all-in-all.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    the buffet was free...

actually, 6 kaming pumunta dun. tapos may promo/discount pa yata sa buffet. I ended up only paying P600+ all-in-all.
    so this was just recent? kasi what they're offering me is dinner just for 2..kako nga wala si husband kaya mga kids ko na lang kasama ko that will make us 3.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    uy ok yan a sana tumawag din sa akin hehehe, medyo maliit ang astoria hotel, the room are good, parang pinaliit na owakwood, the breakfast buffet is so-so, it offers few choices of food but for free??? kahit ano ok lng=)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka parang sa Days hotel din yan, kesyo nanalo ng overnight stay, pero kelangan mag seminar muna, at nde nila sagot ang pamasahe, accomodations lang, tapos ang lalayo ng hotels. Just ask them directly...

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Actually, I already received the same offer from them.

The free dinner/lunch is true - we were able to avail one for free.

Then they'll tour you around their facilities to offer you a membership in Astoria. You can decline or avail of their membership services (that's where the free stay comes in).

It's not really a scam per se.

This is exactly what I was about to type, I availed of it also.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    baka niluluto lang nila ang mga lumang stock nila sa fridge kasi wala gano kumakain duon ngaun summer season.

joke hehehe

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    This is what they're counting on --- matapos ka mag avail dun sa free meal, they hope mahihiya ka tumanggi sa membership.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    give muna then take

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
is there a catch to this???