New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    just now around 1015hr...somebody called me from Astoria Plaza informing me that we had been chosen for a complimentary dinner buffet on thurs...(me and my husband that is)...i immediately tried to recall what was it that i signed for a promo??? ah yes, the one in sm north..

so i asked? what's instore for us? she told me aside from the dinner, we will be toured around the hotel to see their rooms and other amenities...owkeii...
    then...we will be given 8days and 7nights stay for free at any astoria international (to good to be true ey)...huh? are u sure? tanong ko agad loc ng mga hotels nila being bali, indonesia the nearest..er..kaso.....i told her, wala ang husband ko dito..she was taken aback and keeps on repeating na dapat daw kasama si husband..i mentioned my kids pero she kept on insisting my husband kesyo kailan umalis...kailan babalik for vacation...so, nagduda na ako and become mildly hostile...i told her..miss(name)..if it doesnt qualify me bec my husband is not here...then so be it..its fine by me..and dont push it..

she's polite naman and told me na..itatanong nya sa management and if ever naman daw nasa record na nila my address and phone number..(this made me worry some more).

after the conversation, i immediately called their hotel for verification and if the person do really exist...the hotel number nga pala i took from the internet.. the customer service personnel told me that thing is for real and i am one of the lucky pick... nahimasmasan ako and i explained my side why i need to call them and they understood naman...

so there..if ever this is really true..and i'll make sure its true before i avail...do you think there will be a catch to this???

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    there most probably is.. ;)

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    just make sure wala kang ilalabas na pera...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tawagan mo ulit yung Astoria ang ask them directly what's the catch.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    u have to pay membership fee.

Dami telemarketers tumatawag dito sa office. Kung hindi credit card, hotel membership... or insurance. Lagi sinasabi chosen ka daw or prequalified..

Years ago there was this YOU-WON-FREE-TRIP thing. Yun pala u have to attend a seminar. Bebentahan ka ng shares ng resort or property sa Florida. So may free trip ka nga... pag bumili ka... para ma-inspect mo ung nabili mo.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    alam ko, lahat ng promo dapat may per DTI something-something.

kung pupunta ka, huwag mo ibibigay ang credit card mo.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Tawagan mo ulit yung Astoria ang ask them directly what's the catch.
    alam mo sir boybi..kanina i told her..."sige tell me what to do....what's the bottom line?"...medyo naging pronounced na nga yung explanations nya..na just those things she mentioned...kaya lang i know that there must be a catch kaso i dont have an idea..

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Baka at the end of your stay, you'll be asked to pay some sort of tax...which may well be the peso equivalent of your stay.

But how come they called you at night? (1015H or 8:15pm). Normally kasi, bawal tumawag ng customers after 8pm.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    usually, sa ganitong mga promos, may aattend-an kang seminar and it will be done before you can get any of your rewards...in this case, ung free dinner....one possible na iaalok in this case is to become a member...or aalukin kayong kumuha ng share,unit,etc....

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    may female caller din na ang-offer sa amin nyan one year ago.astoria hotel din. free stay din... so on and so forth.. mukhang nakuha nila name sa isang database.... tapos as part of their telemarketing stategy is to offer freebies tapos, ask for referrals....

we never accommodate such calls. i politely declined the offer even if its for free...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
is there a catch to this???