New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    last saturday before 12am nasunong isang warehouse namin na nasa baba ng chinese mason association, grabe ubos lahat. luma na rin kasi ang building na yun. grabe ang init pati ang electic post na nasa labas ng gate nag-apoy ang dulo at umusok.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    most of the fires being reported on tv tend to blame "faulty electrical wiring" as the culprit. ewan ko lang kung totoo o bola lang.

muntik kaming masunugan on two occassions: the first was when the flames jumped over the frying pan over the stove. problem was, the immediate area above the stove was saturated in cooking oil/grease so it caught fire din. luckily we were able to control it with wet towels.

ung second naman, we left a very old electric fan plugged in, and was set to the '2' setting. problem was the blades weren't spinning. the motor overheated and burned the plastic casing. good thing the neighboring couch didn't catch on fire. ganun din, wet towels/ throw rugs ginamit namin to douse the fire(after unplugging it of course) kaya every night nagpapatrol na kami sa la for plugged in appliances B)
    Last edited by badkuk; January 29th, 2007 at 02:32 PM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Our house burned once due to an electric fan... it's really dangerous to keep electric fans around once they've started to drag.

Lesson learned for my sis, I guess. What's really bad about it is that I went on a buying spree and got them all fire extinguishers, but by the time they found out the fire had started, it was too strong to be put out with handhelds.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I think, that's why other countries have 110V at the outlets instead of 220V like in Manila.

That, combined with poor craftsmanship and fewer equipment to deal with it when it happens (smoke alarms, emergency vehicle response time, etc), will cause more losses.

In our neighborhood where the HOA (home owner's association) doesn't really provide adequate service, we've agreed with nearby homes that should something happen to another house, they will attempt to contact the residents in the house with the suspected event (fire/break in/etc).

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir mbeige,

The U.S. is 110V because they were one of the first with electric utilities. 220V is a better system. However, it would be too costly to reconfigure all the infrastructure already. Hence, the U.S. stuck with 110V.

Late na kasi nagkakuryente sa Pinas. hahahaha.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I have very important news regarding electric fans. Dati I noticed that the 1st time new fans stop working, parang hindi naman nag-iinit. Then one day I went to the store and bought a KDK -- one of the most expensive fans since according to the Sales Rep, it had a thermal fuse, among other pluses.

Being the mythbuster that I am. I interviewed several electricians and even opened up some fans that were still working.

The conclusion I got was this: MOST new fans have a thermal fuse designed to break the circuit when overheating. When we bring in the fans for repair/rewind, this thermal fuse is not re-attached (presumably since it's extra cost for the repair guy). Thus, older fans that are very old or newer fans that have already been repaired are VERY prone to overheating.

I've since had fuses on all my fans re-attached by a trusted electrician and true enough, NONE of them had their fuses intact.

You get my drift.

PS -- the darn thing costs less than 30 bucks per (may tubo pa yun).

7. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    its not enough that you have fire extinguishers, you must also make sure your family members know how to use them. i was a safety engineer, and part of my departments scope is to train people in handling fire extinguishers. you'd be surpised as to the number of ways people MIShandle fire extinguishers.

if you're company offers safety programs, i suggest you take advantage and learn. then you can teach your family members as well.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Daming nasusunog na mga bahay sa balita. Meron ba kayong alam na seminar/training tungkol sa pag iwas sa sunog?

Salamat!
    Having a fire extinguisher is like having a gun in your home. All family member's should know how to use it. You have to teach even your 5 year old child. Pati si yaya kelangan alam din gamitin yong fire extinguisher. Hindi kasli yong Gun sa i tuturo mo kay yaya. BTW Local fire department conduct a fire safety seminar w/ certificate pa. If you have time pwede ka mag inquire sa local fire department nyo,hindi naman kamahalan lalo na kung hindi naman pang business. Worth it ito bro.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kami madalas wala sa bahay, kaya pina-insured na lang namin in case kung ano ang mangyari. P1,203.65 ang premium for P1M sa GTS Insurance but i had it insured for P2M na.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    The key is periodical maintenance, inspection, knowledge of extinguishing fire of any types, and having the right fire fighting appliances, equipment and safety devices. Safety first.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Sunog!