New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    well, got to say, its hard for me na bitawan to xtrail..but due to unforeseen reasons, i might sell my ride... but as i said, as much as posible, ayaw ko bitawan tong xtrail. so eto options ko:

1. gamitin ko siya as collateral... malamang up to 150-250T lang makukuha ko, i got to keep my car, and most likely 10% p.a. ang interest.

2. sell my xtrail. i think its fair for me to price my xtrail 480-520T...but i need a car... so this option has 2 options as follows:

2.1: get a 150-200T car...options are 97 bigbody gli, 98-00 lovelife, sentra series 3.5 GTS/exalta sta...basta best condition...cash na so wala na sakit ng ulo sa monthly amort.

2.2: get a brandnew car under low-down, all-in scheme..options here are: grand livina 6MT/elegance roadmaster ed, maybe a suzuki APV/sx4 hatch/carens crdi MT/innova E/avanza G... basta cash out ko max na 150T(all-in na) at mo. amort. of not more than 25T/month for 5 years...parang option 1 ko to, pero bago car na...un nga lang di na suv.

post lang... pag di ito dito paki lipat nalang...salamat...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ano yung unforeseen circumstance AY? may guarantee ba na makukuha yung money na gagamitin or risk like business?

for me, as much as possible ayaw ko ng utang. ill take 2.1 on this. mahirap kasi kung risky yung gagamitian ng money, baka hindi rin kayanin ng loan or worse kailangan pa ng more money to inject. in this case baka pati yung loan na car mawala ng walang cash na makuha.

pero kung one time expense na emergency lang, pwede take into consideration yung brandnew car. i would not go into collateral kasi kung benta xtrail, may oto ka na magagamit and 200k - 300k to use, without any risk of loosing transportation. in short less risk na.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    If all you need is max of Php250K, and you can pay Php25K a month, then option 1 seems like a logical choice since you get to keep the ride you want (I too have an X-Trail, and I wouldn't wanna give it up... love that ride!), and you get to pay off the loan in 12 months.

--------

I re-read your post and it seems you're willing to pay 25K for up to 5 years. Have you considered getting a personal loan instead? Roughly 25K a month for 2 years could get you a 500K loan. Just a thought.

well, tiny bump lang naman, hehe... actually, all i need lang naman is around 50-100T to get me restarted... deym di pala dapat 100% ang tiwalang ibiigay mo sa kamaganak mo, particularly sa kapatid mo. grabe.... naisip ko lang din i-cash out tong xtrail kasi medyo may kalakihan na daily expenses ko...alam naman natin gaano katakaw to sa gas and its been 7 years na din... actually, its hard na for me to get a personal loan after ng ginawa ng kapatid ko, lahat kasi ng suppliers ko iniwanan nya ng malaking atraso, to the point na kailangan ko maghanap ng bagong suppliers...bahala na siya..

i personally prefer the non-collateral loan...minimal-moderate lang risk na to....wag naman sa bumbay/individual na nag-papa-5-6, terest dyan!talo tayo sa in

risks sa bawat options that i have considered are:

option 1: using my xtrail as collateral would give me a bigger buffer especially this time of the year, and i could restock atleast 1/4-1/3 of what i am stocking again. tsaka mas mura interest ng colateral loan than non-collateral.. its a good option for me, with moderate to high risk. factoring in pa ang regular maintenance ko sa sasakyan since 7-year old na ito. yearly registration, possibly comprehensive insurance... i-include pa ung daily needs particularly, fuel costs. maganda lang nito, up to 2-years lang, un nga lang nasa 20t din ang monthly amortization depende pa ang value/amount to be loan sa mag-assess ng sasakyan..pero i think it will go 200-300T. as i know, 9-10%pa ang interest ng ganito.

option 2.1: selling my xtrail would give me a wider amount for restocking, but still limited to 200-300thou depending sa sold price ng xtrail and aquisition cost ng used ride.. wala na nga lang ako iisiping mo. amort. sa option na ito..so lahat ng maiipon ko, maitatago ko na....and wait until i could afford to buy a new ride (probably a t31 4wd or a livina elegance RM) * 50% down, 0% interest as much a possible..but 5-year option is also cosiderable. i would consider this nga a low-risk factor..kailangan lang makahanap ng best unit that fits in my budget and needs.

option 2.2: if i will execute this option, b-new subcompact cars/mpvs are offered at atleast 150T-below down.. so usable amount ko for business, may vary from 300-400t. enough to half-fill my my stocks and leaving a good buffer amount on my bank. brand-new car financing has much cheaper interest rate than refinancing a used vehicle din but this has a high risk factor: di lang monthly amort. ang problem ko, consider in the 4th and 5th year registration (5T p.a), 4-years comprehensive w/ AOG(30-40T p.a.) and PMS costs. considering also that i would be paying a total of 37-40% interest for the entire 5-year term kaya as much as possible, less than a million kasi atleast 800-900T ang amount to finace ko, which translates to atleast 1.2M ung financed amount at end of term. thats why monthly amort. ko ay maglalaro sa 20-25T... this is straight computation..pero kung may promo isang dealership, i would factor that in...like sa nissan: livina offered at low down may months pa na di mo babayaran..plus discounts pa... good factor lang nito, bago ang sasakyan ko, and will definitely for keeps na...aba laki ng hirap ko noh...

hope may makacontribute pa...need more advices...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    A 180k down, 24k/month amortization can get you a sedan in 3 years -- up to an Altis 1.6G a/t or equivalent. At 19k a month, it'll take you 4 years to pay off. A 5 year term will set you back around 16.2k a month. Slightly lowering the dp obviously increases the monthly payments a bit.
    You can use this as a basis for choosing the appropriate appoach for your case.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    how about just getting an investor/partner for your business if capital is all that is needed

i am sure that if the financials/future prospects are positive, it will not be difficult to get investors

this way, you get the capital you want, no loans, investor shares in the risk/success of the business. also, some investors just want to stay in your business for a limited period of time and then move on. so after they recoup their investment with some profit, you get back you business whole and most likely in better shape

your downside is that you will have to share your profits

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    if i were in your case, kuya ay, i'd sell the xtrail & buy a different unit instead. less liabilities pa yun since you wont be paying for anything after your purchase ( aside from the obvious stuff of course ) & as much as i would like to keep the Xtrail, sabi mo nga the cost of ownership gets higher and higher.

tapos kapag dumating naman sa brand new car na usapan, also keep in mind yung yearly compre insurance, monthly amor., and CASA PMS prices, unlike when you buy a second hand car, you can forget all of these ( no insurance. can be maintained at a much cheaper price outside casa. no monthly amor. ) so wala halos lumalabas na huge amount of money sayo. intay nalang siguro until your investments regain stability again then saka ka mag-isip about the brand new car, of course, when that time comes may ipon ka na rin na malaki laki so mas mataas ang down mo, less ang monthly pa. ;)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    well, got to say, its hard for me na bitawan to xtrail..but due to unforeseen reasons, i might sell my ride... but as i said, as much as posible, ayaw ko bitawan tong xtrail. so eto options ko:

1. gamitin ko siya as collateral... malamang up to 150-250T lang makukuha ko, i got to keep my car, and most likely 10% p.a. ang interest.

2. sell my xtrail. i think its fair for me to price my xtrail 480-520T...but i need a car... so this option has 2 options as follows:

2.1: get a 150-200T car...options are 97 bigbody gli, 98-00 lovelife, sentra series 3.5 GTS/exalta sta...basta best condition...cash na so wala na sakit ng ulo sa monthly amort.

2.2: get a brandnew car under low-down, all-in scheme..options here are: grand livina 6MT/elegance roadmaster ed, maybe a suzuki APV/sx4 hatch/carens crdi MT/innova E/avanza G... basta cash out ko max na 150T(all-in na) at mo. amort. of not more than 25T/month for 5 years...parang option 1 ko to, pero bago car na...un nga lang di na suv.

post lang... pag di ito dito paki lipat nalang...salamat...

Given you will need as much capital with the least liabilities, I would suggest for the option of selling the XTRAIL and getting a good used car for under P200K. You might even want to convert the car to use Auto-LPG to help you save more money on weekly fuel costs.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    The only downside to selling your x-trail and getting a second-hand car is the potential for repair and maintenance costs if you get a bit unlucky in the unit you buy. Also, FC of second hand cars may not be that far off from the X-trail, so do consider this as well.

For me, the least risk is getting a personal loan (ends up around 10-12% PA) as you get to keep everything and just worry about the monthly payments. Since your X-Trail is a couple of years old, you can save on PMS by looking for a trusted mechanic and buying your own oil, and perhaps making some slight adjustment in your driving habits (less pedal-happy, better-planned trips). The thing here is that if you default on payments, you still have your X-Trail as a last resort.

Next less risky is to sell the X-Trail and use part of the proceeds to get a new car, compact or sub-compact perhaps if FC is a huge consideration. Keep it below 900K and you can pay it off in 3-4 years even with a smaller DP, though you will have to worry about the yearly insurance. The risk here is if your monthly income is insufficient, you can lose the new car as well, though you have the potential to arrange for refinancing to extend the terms at lower monthly amortization (though higher overall costs).

Biggest risk (for me) is selling the X-Trail to buy a cheaper second hand vehicle, unless your source is really trustworthy, or if you have a really competent mechanic who can give the potential buy a thorough look over. You can easily eat up the proceeds from the X-Trail doing repairs and what-not.

un nga din.. there are times na maganda nga ang used car upon purchasing, pero what na after a month or 2 of regular use...marunong naman ako tumingin ng magandang sasakyan, pero di din malayo malusutan ko... may mekaniko naman ako..un nga lang old-skul tech ang specialty, not much on new tech...

papaquote nga din ako ng bago sa dealership.. subcompacts like vios e/g & city/jazz v, altis e/g, focus trend 1.8 are amongst my choice, but i'm currently looking at hatch/wagon types like the grand livina 6MT, sx4 hatch, focus 1.8, APV, avanza G, innova E... thats why im still researching...although na drive ko na most of them, better to know ung costs of ownership. maganda lang sa bago, bukod kasi sa may warranty, may dealer support, less maintenance pa ang bago sasakyan...importantly, alam mo ang history ng sasakyan..

di ba ang comprehensive insurance lowers every year, with respect sa actual vale ng sasakyan? so kung quoted ka ng 35T comprehensive insurance on the 1st year, malamang bababa to 30T the next year right?

mini vans like urvans/hiace commuters are out, mahal, and masyado malaki sa needs ko..unless i could find a reasonably priced used ones...

hope more contributions pa! may mga personal loans ako inaplyan, kung sino nakapag-aprove sa akin ng magandang rate dun ako... kaya nga as much as posible, di ko bibitawan ang xtrail...iba parin dating kasi pag dumating ka at naka-xtrail..regardless na 2004 model pa to...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
soliciting advise regarding my xtrail......