New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    ours is Irwin. made in U.S.A. with metal case. forgot how much. bought it at true value park square ayala center.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    stanley is the cheap brother of proto, same manufacturer but lower price (and lower quality, softer steel). here on the rig we order stanley only for lending out to other departments (eh kasi pag hiniram hindi na i-return kung hindi namin kunin e di yung cheap ang pinapahiram namin) and for issue out to our motormen. for my assistants' and myself's own use i order either proto or snap-on.

for locally available brands in the philippines the best value for money is buffalo. harder and better quality than stanley, cheaper than proto. i have a set at home. but if you have the mullah then go for snap-on.

wala sa kalawang ang tibay ng tools. the black phosphate-coated tools (na prone to kalawang) are rated higher ang are made of harder steel than the shiny chrome-coated tools. kahit ano brand pa pag-usapan, maging stanley, proto, buffalo or snap-on it is always the black steel that have higher torque ratings and hardness. that is why all socket wrenches for use with impact wrenches and hydraulic torque wrenches are black phosphate coated and NOT chrome. you can always sandpaper the rust but you can not erase the scar on your hands if the tool breaks, not to mention the pain. so if you want tools you can really rely on, stay away from the shiny chrome. besides all you need is some oil to keep that rust away.

i also recommend getting a set of 6-point sockets especially if you can only afford to have just 1 set. why? cause 12-point sockets will only work when the nut/bolt still have a perfect hexagon shape. 6-point sockets will work even if the edges of the bolt/nut hex are already rounded. socket wrench naman yan so you will have a ratchet to go with it, hindi gaano issue ang radian of movement ng tool. if it were a box wrench set then i would recommend 2 sets, 1 set of 12-point combination wrenches for jobs with limitted space, and another set of 6-point combination wrenches for high torque and for use on rounded nut/bolt heads.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I hear Craftsman is pretty good (magazine review), but I have not used any.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    http://www.mercedesshop.com/shopforu...ght=tool+brand

One time I bought a really cheap 99-cent philips screwdriver. It stripped the head, so I had to buy a good vice grip just to remove it (wiper blade replacement--very simple, lalo pang lumala). I'm never going back to those ones.

My principle is that, if you use cheap tools, you'll probably break your car's fasteners, and sometimes you don't want that to happen. I get a good set (Stanley has been great) so I have peace of mind when DIYing. Just my 2 cent's worth ;)

Know the difference between thrifty and cheap.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wow Tnx for inputs, I shop around yesterday in Raon and find some As they say JAPANESE BRAND tools, ok din tingnan meron silang mga Black coated although price is around P2200 a set mas mura sa stanley hehehehe Mas mahal sa Eagle.

still didnt buy, still making research, anyway Tnx for the input hehehehehe

Daiken havent seen them yet though am familiar with the brand hehhehe

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    try nyo Moller brand, its sort of taiwan but ok ang pag gawa nyan, used it sa mga trucks. mga 1.2k to 1.6k

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    um, me parallel thread pala re tools

KYK tools suck!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you just want to see Daiken, madami sa Wilcon Builder's Depot. Pero sa iba mo na lang bilhin kasi medyo may kamahalan ang mga paninda sa Wilcon.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meron Daiken sa DIY. baka meron din sa ACE & Handyman.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXBUWAYA View Post
    Wow Tnx for inputs, I shop around yesterday in Raon and find some As they say JAPANESE BRAND tools, ok din tingnan meron silang mga Black coated although price is around P2200 a set mas mura sa stanley hehehehe Mas mahal sa Eagle.

still didnt buy, still making research, anyway Tnx for the input hehehehehe

Daiken havent seen them yet though am familiar with the brand hehhehe
    max,

hope familiar ka sa del monte ave., from banawe going d. tuazon, sa right, meron dyan screw dealer, forgot the name, makakapamili ka between an irwin and china brands.... mura sila

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Socket Wrench