New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    SM is aggressively expanding its malls in every province across the country. the latest was SM Clark which just had its grand opening last May 12. and by June, construction for the future SM Tarlac will start. and i think SM Pangasinan (Carmen) will follow.

is having a SM Mall in the area a sign of progress? which means it will be good and beneficial to all the local residents? or is it the other way around - the doom of local establishments?

to the tsikoteers in the provinces with SM malls, how is your city/town/province doing now, especially to the local establishments?
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I think its a good sign, nakikita nila na malaki ang potencial for bussiness of that certain area, at maganda rin at medyo marami nang mall at medyo hindi na magiging masyadong masikip sa sm kasi kumakalat na ang ang tao, naggegenerate din ng work.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    its good because it broadens the tax base, provide a lot of jobs and spur local economic growth.....

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    there are good and bad of it, before sm puts up a mall in a certain area, they already did a feasibility study, they dont just put a mall and lose money, in a way they also think that putting up a mall in a place must benefit them.

bad of it, businesses within a close perimeter of sm malls would greatly be affected, especially if the location are of starting to be a industrialize town,sm mall would eat up all the suppose buyer. sm malls has the branding of "where people go, from all classes" to buy, to feel the aircon, to window shop and practically to be at sm is something especially on the mid earner crowd(most number of population).

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's sort of like K-Mart in the states which tend to kill off local small businesses. Wala naman atang change na 'beneficial and good to all'. Siyempre parating may matatamaan.

Sa Malipampang, San Ildefonso, Bulacan wala pa namang SM kaya hindi ko alam kung ano magiging effect kapag nagkaron. Medyo malayo pa din ang SM Marilao from us.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    sa cagayan de oro hindi naapektohan kasi ang layo ng SM nasa bundok tapos alang commercial store sa tabi tabi kasi mga realty states ang kapitbahay... ang industrials nasa sentro mismo wer a lot of malls to visit and shop with.... tsaka ung sm cagayan de oro ang liit...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    I'm in bacolod right now for a vacation and I saw that there's going to be an SM mall near the port of bacolod.On going yung construction and I think there are some businesses na maapektuhan,since SM is going to buy off yung mga chicken inasal restaurants (fronting ng bldg nila) from the govt. Pero siguro those restaurants will be fairly paid.

For me, there's nothing wrong if SM will have expansion in provinces.After all negosyo yun at people benefit from them, vice versa.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Ok yung mga expansion kasi, mababawasan na ng tao sa dating sm na pinupuntahan mo. Magiging malapit na rin sa yo in case of transport/travelling.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    in a way it can unite our culture. the SM culture hahaha. kidding aside, baka SM is the key the unite the new generation of Filipino. we cant deny naman na malaki ang naging development ng mga taga-Manila sa kapupunta ng SM malls hehehe. so pagdating sa province, wala na din difference kasi mayroon na din sila.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    in a way it can unite our culture. the SM culture hahaha.
    How true.

Quote Originally Posted by My Prof in Araling Pilipino
    "Ang Cultural Center of the Philippines ay hindi ang CCP... kundi SM!"
    I think SM expansion is mostly good in the long run. Yes, it does tend to kill some local businesses, but it isn't really a big deal unless you're the owner and that's your only source of income. Overall net benefit parin for the population .

P.S. nung tinayo ang SM bacoor, namatay yung mga maliit sinehan dito sa Cavite City. It wasn't really much of a big deal, except perhaps for the seniors who used to watch their movies in the small old cinemas.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
SM Mall expansions in the provinces: good or bad?