New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Avoid using the App for security if you don't really do that much transactions. In my case, transactions to 3rd party accounts are blocked. You can request BPI to block 3rd party transactions.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Avoid using the App for security if you don't really do that much transactions. In my case, transactions to 3rd party accounts are blocked. You can request BPI to block 3rd party transactions.
    Just don't activate the transfer to anyone feature,

3rd party accounts are pre-registered so basically you know whom the accounts belong to...usually it's family members.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Website is more secure? I though app is safer because there is danger of phishing using website? Although I only use website bec I was not aware of a BPI app.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    IOS apps are generally secured as they are being screened and reviewed by Apple

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    It looks like I'm the only one still using the webpage I was not even aware they had an app

Yung isang account ko they sent a small device, aside from the password, you also have to input the number generated by that device.
    Hindi ka nag iisa I always used web based daily.. but I sometimes apps din gamit ko pag emergency at tinatamad bumangon sa bed hehehe.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Since I started using BPI's mobile app, pwede na siya.

Attachment 27647
    Wow I didn't know that I have to tell it to my son, good thing I always monitor their balance and transactions

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    hindi hacker gumagawa niyan.
    kundi ung tiga globe mismo..

10000000000%%%%

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Website is more secure? I though app is safer because there is danger of phishing using website? Although I only use website bec I was not aware of a BPI app.
    The risk with using an App is if someone gets hold of your phone. Plus they will easily know which bank you use because they see the App. Although you can always bury it in a folder.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Nope. You can opt to enable Transfer to Anyone. only works with BPI, BDO doesn't have that functionality. Dunno with other banks.
    With BDO you can now transfer to other account without registering them..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The risk with using an App is if someone gets hold of your phone. Plus they will easily know which bank you use because they see the App. Although you can always bury it in a folder.
    They still wouldn't know your username and password.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
SIM Swap Scam