New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Since it's been common again lately, let me share you a story which happened to me just TODAY.

When I was about to exit an inside street, there was this " kariton "
    [SIZE=1]( sorry, I don't know it's english counterpart if it has one ... bear with me ) [SIZE=2]who was on the side of the main street that was carrying a ton [SIZE=1]( exaggerated )[/SIZE] of recyclables.

I honked my horn for him to be aware that I would be exiting the said street since I doubt if he saw me because of the recyclables that covered his view. I, assuming that he was about to stop already readied myself to turn but to my surprise the " kariton " continuously moved towards my direction. I then again, honked my horn as long as I could until I heard a " thug " on my side.

Since it was evident that his " vehicle " bumped my right fender I immediately went out of the car and checked if there was any damage and sadly, there was.

When the guy who was pushing the " kariton " went out of his " cockpit " I noticed that he was indeed poor. His shirt were dirty and there were even holes in it etc. etc.

After a little talk, I then asked if what he was going to do ... and of course he just SCRATCHED HIS HEAD and said " ser, wala po akong pera pambayad ... pero eto po P200 " . But, I refused to accept the offer since it seemed that it was all he got.

I just replied to him " sige, wag mo na bayaran ... pero magingat ka sa susunod para wala kang maperwisyo pa na iba "

After that little talk, I headed to my car and went straight to where was I headed with him saying his apologies.

Oh well. I just tried to understand the guy since he was doing all he can do to feed his family. I know it was his fault but with his " image " that I can evidently see, I could say to myself that I indeed did the right choice on not to accept his offer nor to do anything to him.

Even though I was the one who was hassled through this minimal incident, I`m sure that he learned his lesson and he won't do the same mistake again.

So ... what's your story guys ?

[/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1][SIZE=2]BTW. The damage was the ff :

1. A part of my corner light was shattered.
    2. The clip of my corner light broke.
    3. My fender was " pushed ".
    4. A dent in my right fender.

Pix

[/SIZE][/SIZE]
    Last edited by renzo_d10; May 16th, 2010 at 09:42 PM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    pagawa mo na lang yan. next time kaw na lang umiwas. kadalasan di pa kumakain yang mga yan kaya di sila alisto. magpasalamat ka na lang at ikaw ang nasa kotse at hindi ang nagtutulak ng kariton.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    -dp--------
    Last edited by renzo_d10; May 16th, 2010 at 10:22 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Yup. You're right. I'm not blaming anyone, even him. Halatang kawawa talaga siya. What I did to my lights was to apply a clear sealant and mighty bond on the broken clips + surrounded it with duct tape. Pati sa rubber parts, I just used mighty bond to reattach them.

The crack, I think isn't that evident if seen from afar. The dent will be fixed tomorrow and the lights will be again reattached. Hopefully, it will be a clean job. ;)

Sayang kasi ang lights. Wala pang 2 months if papalitan ko agad.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    You could have --- screamed at him, say some really nasty word about his status in life (squatttterrrr!!!!! or PIA or something) even hit him or get some goons to do it for you (goons...I mean cops).

But you didn't. You actually forgave him (especially when he would have given you all he had).

Admirable. You can always fix those damages. But make someone feel like dirt and you will never be able to take it back.

God bless you.
    And it's not always what you give people they will remember. It's how you made them feel. Cheers!

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Its also quite admirable that the one pushing the kariton would own up and pay for the damages. Kudos to him. May pinagaralan.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    *rezno nice one sir. all the good things that you have done at that time babalik din sayo yan.

baka pag ibang tao yung binangga nun naku gulpi na inabot ng karitoneer (di ko rin alam translation sa english).

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    :clap1:

Halata namang sincere sa pag-hingi ng pasensya yung si manong, he even offered you his P200. Kudos sir renzo. God Bless you. Hehe I can only imagine manong's status in life, baka maluha na lang ako pag balik ko sa kotse if I was on your shoes that time. Di dahil sa damage ha (well, partly syempre hehe) but of course mas maluluha ako sa pag-alok niya ng P200. [SIZE="1"](mababa luha ko)[/SIZE]

Good Karma will always bless you 2x! Maybe more! Sana ganyan lahat ng ugali ng mga pinoy.

Admirable. You can always fix those damages. But make someone feel like dirt and you will never be able to take it back.

God bless you.
    And it's not always what you give people they will remember. It's how you made them feel. Cheers!
    +100 to this.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    OT: Bro, di mo alam pero ang may-ari ng kariton eh ang may ari ng malupet na vios sa rice thread. Nakabawi na siya sayo.. hehehe!

BTT: +1000 ako for your action sir. +1000 din sa karitoneer (pahiram ng term sir jubs00). I'm sure naka-post na din ang experience na 'to sa kariton.yehey.com./forums

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    *Renzo: cheers to you dude!...those are just one of a million choices that nobody regrets...

was hit by a motorcycle before..sya na nga bumangga sa akin at ako pa ang sinisingil sa nasira nyang side mirror dahil sa natumba sya!....sabi ko sige babayaran kita...,pero pagka sinabi ng police. Umalis na lang ang manong...(buti na lang kasi wala akong pambayad:-)

kariton - aka wooden cart
    karitoneer - wooden cart pilot...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Scratch in the head encounters