New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Where do you guys learn to drive, from school or from someone in your family? My new car will arrive soon, but I am still thinking of either hiring someone like a friend or anyone who can teach me to drive or going to school. Just recently visited a local driving school and learned that they are charging 5000 bucks for a beginner's course. Is it really worth it?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO.

- enroll in a driving school first
    - hire someone to accompany you for a short period of time while drivng
    - don't listen to driving myths (like revving your car before you shut down the engine)

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    anong driving school yang napagtanungan mo? ang mahal na pala ngayon. matanda na talaga ako. dati sa socialite around 1,000 lang for a beginner's course. heheh.

i would still suggest you go to a driving school kasi di lang naman pagpapaandar ng sasakyan ituturo sa yo kundi pati road courtesy na din not to mention na they'll really train you to be a defensive driver. part na din ata ng package ang basic troubleshooting seminar ngayon sa mga driving schools.

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    better enroll in a driving school, I guess you can avail payment on a per hour basis.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    go for the driving school... iba-iba naman ang rates depending on the number of sessions eh.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Guys thanks for your inputs.

mantoy,

It's A1 Driving school. Actually, it's 4.7+ for beginners and 2k+ for a refresher course.

The course includes trouble shooting, defensive driving etc...

Okay, I'm gonna visit the school once again for the details and maybe ask for an hourly rate.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    school pa rin...tama si ser mantoy, they'll teach you road courtesy/ defensive driving, etc...

para pag naharang ka ni love anover eh..may isasagot ka.

why don't you try AAP...cheaper ata sila

and member ka na agad for one year.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    imo, it's really better to go to a driving school first. they'll teach you the basics and i think they emphasize more the defensive side of driving which is good, of course.

ang mahirap kasi sa self-teach or sa kakilala lang matutunan mo rin yung bad habits like being a clutch driver, unneeded revving of engine etc..

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    hmm.. driving school nga mas ok... parang gusto ko ulit mag driving school.... ako lang kase natuto magisa.. pasilip silip lang sa driver dati.hehe.. anu ba yang defensive driving na yan? :D

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I learned by myself. sa garahe.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
School or ?