New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pwede natin umpisahan ang pagbabago sa sarili natin pero paano mo itutuwid kung yung mga nakaupo eh iipitin ka? Hahayaan mo na lang ba mag-suffer negosyo mo?

It's easier said than done.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    mazdamazda: I guess what clavel meant was, even tho your papers are legit they'll hold your shipment without the *ehem* bribe. And if you don't give them some, well, they'll hold your shipment ulit you do so. May kapitbahay kami, dad niya customs agent. Yung anak niya may 2 exped, 2 bimmer - tricked out... go figure.
    Pre... kahit yung goods namin na reredlane... pero kahit delayed eh lumalabas pa rin kahit paano. Once pa lang naman kami nanakawan.

Talagang marami ngang talamak jan sa BOC... yung tita ko nga... jan inatake (at namatay) dahil medyo ayaw niya ng ganun gaguhan eh na transfer siya nung bago niyang boss sa BOC.

Kung pagbibigay at pagbibigayan natin eh putik talaga... alang mangyayari sa atin...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    Some jeepney & tricycle drivers in our area have their own house & lot. I don't see why it couldn't be done.

I've been to the slum areas of our neighborhood teaching to children before. I wonder how some can afford to have a drinking spree in the middle of afternoon or just laze away the whole day watching TV shows when am breaking my back working two jobs.

So it is ok to give bribes?

Sorry my bad - I was wondering why our importations don't need those.

do u know them? do u talk to them? Alam mo ba kung paano nila nakuha yung house and lot nila? Sa pagtratrabaho ba sa djip or pedicab or dahil nakapag-abroad muna sila. Ako nga medyo malaki na sweldo ko tinatamaan pa din ako kahit magtipid kami at tanggalin na yung mga luho.

Paano pa yung iba. Yung iba talaga tamad pero hindi dapat sila icompare sa mga taong masisipag pero hindi pa din kasya ang kinikita sa hirap nang buhay ngayon. Kaw nga sabi mo dalawa trabaho mo.

kailangan mo magtrabaho nang dalawa kasi kung isa lang kaya ba mabuhay nang matiwasay pamilya mo.

lets face it hindi sapat ang kinikita nang tao tapos lalagyan pa nang VAT ang basic needs. Ano na mangyayari.

Yung sa BOC malalaman mo lang kung ikaw ay nandun na sa kanilang sapatos. di ako pwede discusyon syo kasi mukha di mo alam ang kalakaran. Sana nga magkaganun yung sinasabi mo wala nang corruption.

Kaya madaming int'l company nagsara dito dahil sa corruption na yan.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I've been reading the papers and here is what I found out:

-Last year's collection target was around 190 biliion.
    -Tax collection efficiency was rated at a pathetic 30 PERCENT.

So out of 190 billion, only around 70-72 billion pesos were collected. That's not even half.

This proves one thing: TAX LOOPHOLES HAVE TO BE 100% FIXED ASAP

Habang naka-halt yung E-VAT sa SC, here are some of my suggestions that the government should do for the meantime:

1) Re-intensify the BIR's Run After Tax Evaders (RATE) and the BOC's Run After The Smugglers (RATS).
    -The campaigns of the BIR and BOC are showing positive results (even Mr. Escudero, opposition man, agrees that by intensifying these campaigns, there may be no need for an E-VAT).

It has been drawing good feedback so by taking it to the next level, the efficiency and effectiveness of the campaign would go even further.

2) PLUG THE COLLECTION LOOPHOLES OF REVENUE-GENERATING AGENCIES AND FIX OUR TAX EFFICIENCY COLLECTION RATE TO AT LEAST 80-100%
    -some people say that by just plugging all tax and revenue loopholes in all agenices of the NG , there wouldn't be a need for an E-VAT.
    -last year, out of 190 billion, 117 billion wasn't collected. According to Escudero, if the government only wants 80-100 billion, then there may be no need for an E-VAT since the missing/uncollected revenues of last year would be more than enough than the NG's minimum target of 80-100 billion.
    -this also creates a statement such as: "How would the E-VAT (if re-implemented) be at its maximum efficiency when our tax collection rate is only at a staggering 30 PERCENT (and that's not even 50)?". So people would say that point.

3) If the E-VAT can't create revenues because it's currently under the TRO, create other measures for the meantime (ie. Rationalization of Fiscal Incentives, Fiscal Responsibility Bill, etc.)*
    -If NG can't use E-VAT to generate more revenues to help the country, why not create subsitutes FOR THE MEAN TIME.

4) Continue austerity and cost-cutting mode mode for companies and GOCCs to avoid increasing debt and budget deficits.
    -The Napocor, the biggest contributor to our debt, is deciding to do cost-cutting measures to substantially lessen its debt. GSIS, SSS and others are doing just that while the rest of the 14 GOCCs will start cost-cutting ASAP.

and probably this one is important
    5) IGNORE ALL DESTABILIZATION, OUSTER AND RESIGNATION CALLS ASIDE AND FOCUS ON MORE IMPORTANT THINGS
    -seriously though, Pimentel talks like hell when regarding this issue. In fact this issue won't even go anywhere if we just keep concentrating on this. Fact is, only narrow-minded people would do these and would do such things rather than focusing on rebuilding our country, improving our fiscal standing, reducing our the country's overall debt, fixing the country's problems and all these stuff. Lots of people (not everyone but opposition members for example) are not looking at the bigger picture at all. They just keep nagging like hell and allow their narrow-minded mentality to speak for what "they" believe is for "the good and national interest". WTF???
    -But come on, seriously. We DO have to move on. We have tons of problems and this "gloriagate" issue just gets in the way of what we really have to do a citizens of this country. If we just remove our attention from this issue and get back to work in fixing our country's problems, then heck, maybe an E-VAT won't be needed after all.

Think about it.

PS: *Kailan mag-reresume yung session ng Congress at saka Senate? Baka we can at least start making the "rationalization of fiscal incentives" and "fiscal responsibility bill" along with other reform measures once both houses resume session. When would that be?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    question..pag TRO,ilang days/months ang effectivity nun?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennSter
    question..pag TRO,ilang days/months ang effectivity nun?
    There's no specific time period. It can last one day or many months, depending on the court that issues it.

I'd like to add my two cents on this tax thing. I think we have to give credit to this govt. The tax take has increased 17-18% so far this year because of the intensified tax collection program of the BIR.

I think it is fair to say that a lot of tax evaders have been paying slightly more this year because of the high-profile cases the BIR has filed (including those against that tax-evading scum Richard Goma).

But that is NOT ENOUGH. The govt must raise money ASAP. The financial disaster facing the country without the expanded VAT is IMMINENT. Let's not wait for something worse than the 1997 financial crisis to hit us before we act.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    May discussion kami ng mga kaibigan ko regarding BOC and BIR, based on my friends expecience grabe ang corruption dyan, ang lalakas kumotong pati mga sekyu, janitor, etc bibigyan mo. Well if you want to look for "evidence" try going to the BOC or BIR office and get your papers done pahirapan talaga.
    always like to think that the BOC & the BIR are more powerful & influential
    than the President of the Phils or even the Military. have you ever wondered that this could be true? well for one thing, they have first hand
    ownership of taxes collected & the President & her staff & also the military are
    just receiving from it.

I think it's just an illusion to think otherwise. Kasi kahit sino naman maupo
    sa Malacanang mapa-Cory-Ramos-GMA Side o mapa-Erap-Marcos side, la naman magawa to clean up these agencies.

Tingin ko kapag bago ka upo sa Malacanang, for instance, you've just been elected. kelangan ka talaga makisama sa BOC & BIR kunde la ka funds hehehe.
    Last edited by oldblue; July 5th, 2005 at 04:43 AM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by creepy
    There's no specific time period. It can last one day or many months, depending on the court that issues it.

I'd like to add my two cents on this tax thing. I think we have to give credit to this govt. The tax take has increased 17-18% so far this year because of the intensified tax collection program of the BIR.

I think it is fair to say that a lot of tax evaders have been paying slightly more this year because of the high-profile cases the BIR has filed (including those against that tax-evading scum Richard Goma).

But that is NOT ENOUGH. The govt must raise money ASAP. The financial disaster facing the country without the expanded VAT is IMMINENT. Let's not wait for something worse than the 1997 financial crisis to hit us before we act.

so delikado pala pag d na-implement ang Evat
    Last edited by oldblue; July 5th, 2005 at 05:13 AM.

I still believe that if they "clean up" the BIR and BOC we won't need the E-VAT. Problem is mukhang malabo mangyari to... hehehe.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    so delikado pala pag d na-implement ang Evat

actually, ngayon ko nga lang din naisip to eh. stock market went down yesterday. the peso again at its lowest level....

kontrolado kasi tayo ng mga pinagkakautangan natin eh. they view the implementation of e-vat as a way for the Philippines to get out of its fiscal status dahil may pambayad utang eh.

at the expense of the people.... di mo alam ngayon kung san ka lulugar.

SC issues TRO vs E-VAT