New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    yehey!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Argentina here were come... The Philippines -- the Kamote-Banana Republic courtesy of the Supreme Court!

There have been no major reforms in the country which were not blocked by this populist Supreme Court.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Okay, even for a few days.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by creepy
    There have been no major reforms in the country which were not blocked by this populist Supreme Court.
    It was only a TRO... but I expect that it wouldn't be renewed.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    well a few days is better than nothing i guess...san iextend..

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ONLI IN DA PILIPINS: Victims of the 1-day oil price hike will no longer be able to remit the extra they shouldn't have paid for in the first place. In other countries, you can present the receipt and the government automatically gives back your money.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Not so fast guys, It is only temporary. Let's hope it is permanent. The Filipino people is suffering from this kind of new economic reforms necessary to stop the hemorrhaging budget deficit. One can only surmise.

The President should first curb the graft and corruption in the country and try to minimize the expenses of non performing government institutions and its inutile staff.

Natawa ako sa kwentuhan ng employees namin kanina sabi ng secretary namin "Tinaas nga yung sweldo ng 25 pesos, dinagdagan naman yung singil sa w/holding tax at SSS wala ding kwenta"

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by creepy
    Argentina here were come... The Philippines -- the Kamote-Banana Republic courtesy of the Supreme Court!

Yun nga e. I wonder what our exchange rates will be for this week.

I better read the papers starting tomorrow for more info.

But I can see why the E-VAT would be rejected and this is probably the main reason:

$60/barrel + 10% e-VAT = very lethal mix.

Well, before I start making my comments sometime this week, basahin ko muna ang mga dyaryo once I head back to school tomorrow to get more info regarding the issue.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mikaztro
    The President should first curb the graft and corruption in the country and try to minimize the expenses of non performing government institutions and its inutile staff.
    The gov't has already been trying to private many of its assets since FVR's time.

The problem is that the employees of these GOCCs are the ones trying to halt this (along with various militants who oppose privatization).

By the way, the E-VAT law is not only just about raising taxes... but to also help the government monitor the input/output tax declarations of companies. A lot of tax leaks are occurring here (to the tune of P100B last year) thanks primarily to companies who don't want to pay their proper taxes.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
SC issues TRO vs E-VAT