New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Hmmm mas ok yata kunin nila ung mga batugang ayaw magtrabaho. Or ung mga squatter na walang ginawa kundi matulog at kumain. Tapos may kapalit na fee pag pwede na maging alalay na sundalo.

Mas magiging productive ung mga un kesa naman ung mga may future sa business / corporate world ang gagawin nilang mga sundalo.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Gusto ko lang sa ROTC yung "live firing" sa Fort Boni. Kaso, .30 cal (Garand Rifle) pa ginamit namin noon. Hirap yung kada Sunday, martsa ka ng martsa sa initan.

Wag na ibalik yang ROTC.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Ano ba ang nagbago sa rason nila upang tanggalin ang ROTC na baliktad na ngayon???

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Hmmmm. I wasn't required to take CAT which is what I remembered it as. But I did and they let me. My parents thought it was a good idea and so did I because it gave me an excuse to be in military fatigues and not have to go to church with my mom on Sunday.

I was a member of the Boy Scouts Of The Philippines and the school varsity soccer team while in HS. I didn't have to take CAT in HS and never did. CAT in college was my first experience in military training.

It's true there were days when all we did was lounge at the grassy field of Camp Aguinaldo's parade grounds or at the Mapua parking lot. But, we did our fair share of marching under the hot sun and I fired the M1 Garand twice. It was fun while it lasted.

Add:
    When a country's military has not much to draw on except manpower, then it should ensure that manpower are trained and ready to fight. That means every able-bodied male and female should be doing time regularly even after college.

The whole idea of training is to toughen people up. Initially, the weak will have a hard time. But, they'll gradually build up their stamina and hopefully become disciplined enough to adopt a healthy lifestyle.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; August 14th, 2007 at 03:03 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    AFAIK, it's called CMT (CAT sa high school), not ROTC anymore.
    But same banana, and a big joke. If we're serious about maintaining a Citizen Army, we should rather model it after the Swiss Armed Forces or Israel's IDF (boys and girls who look like college freshmen patrolling the border with their sports bags and baby armalites and come home afterwards).
    Problema, walang disiplina ang Pinoy sa mga paputok ... lahat ng uri ng paputok.
    Kaya ayun, mga gurang na, pagapang-gapang pa at nagbabaril-barilan pa rin once a week. :gun:

Example of no-nonsense citizen army training : 3-months summer-camp, ranger-type training, with at least six months active duty exposure in sensitive areas, then regular refresher courses in the reserve. That way our boys can worship and be at peace with family and friends on weekends and learn how to be God-fearing, protective, responsible Dads later. Kaso, di rin papayag si inay dun, kasi marami rin daw topak sa military, at baka kung anong mangyari kay totoy. (Kaya tatakutin na lang ang madla para pumayag. Psyops.)
    Last edited by dprox; August 14th, 2007 at 03:39 AM.
    [SIZE="1"]DESIGN is the missing link in the Philippine auto industry.[/SIZE]

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Sige...ala nang ROTC,community service na lang,at dapat mandatory

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dapat lang ibalik yan....para naman mabawasan yung mga lalampa lampa..

madami kasi ako mga classmate na ayaw gumising ng 4am, ayaw maarawan, ayaw tumayo ng 3-4 hrs sa initan...during my college days wala talagang pahinga from monday to saturday ang pasok then sunday ROTC naman...pahinga ko lang is sunday afternoon...

para sa akin hindi waste of time ito...dito lang ako nakahawak ng M16 .madami ka matututunan
    Last edited by ozcity; August 14th, 2007 at 08:44 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ozcity View Post
    dapat lang ibalik yan....para naman mabawasan yung mga lalampa lampa..
    or better offer no non-sense NSTP. ung CWTS ko kasi ay tungkol sa rapelling, rescue at first aid. marami ka namang matutunan unlike dun sa ibang CWTS na nagwawalis lang ng kalsada.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    di na dpat kc waste of tym lang.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    For me, gawin nilang optional, which is the case right now. Yung mga gustong kumuha, kunin nila. Backdoor ito for entry into the officer corps ng AFP. Wag ipilit sa mga ayaw.

I had my ROTC in UPD (nung wala pang ROTC Dept. ang UP Manila and UP Manila. Never finished a single course, kahit MS 11. Ended up finishing all 4 courses (MS 11 to Ms 22) in Fort Bonifacio spread over 2 summers. Lintek, kahirap! MS 11 sa umaga, tapos MS 12 sa hapon. Next summer, MS 21 tapos MS 22 ulit. Bad trip nga, hindi man lang na-credit yung stint ko sa PMA.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
ROTC balak i-require ulit