New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Regarding generators, it would depend if electricity is critical to that person.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I think redundancy ang issue dito.. backup transformers nga.. or another route to get the generated power to the distribution side... instead of just using 1 route...

but.. madali lang sabihin to, but to actually implement means money... which will be eventually charged to the consumers... I guess okay lang to..

and sa commentary nga ni Ted Failon kanina sa MM, kahapon daw eh nabasa nyang news item was that replacing the transformer would cost 200M, pero kanina sa nabasa nya sa news, naging 300M na... hehe... could be legit.. could be otherwise...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wowiesy View Post
    I think redundancy ang issue dito.. backup transformers nga.. or another route to get the generated power to the distribution side... instead of just using 1 route...

but.. madali lang sabihin to, but to actually implement means money... which will be eventually charged to the consumers... I guess okay lang to..

and sa commentary nga ni Ted Failon kanina sa MM, kahapon daw eh nabasa nyang news item was that replacing the transformer would cost 200M, pero kanina sa nabasa nya sa news, naging 300M na... hehe... could be legit.. could be otherwise...
    Sounds about right. Last year, the project costs to install a 300MVA transformer was in the ballpark of Php 250M.

http://www.google.com.ph/url?sa=t&so...xnpX_w7Uir5vGg

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    whatever it is that they want to pass on to consumers, there is nothing we can do anyways. the most important thing is to restore electricity.

this is probably one of those acts of god or fortuitous events anyways.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    kakabrownout lang saamin

4pm-7pm.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    hmmm..hindi ba insured iyong mga iyan ng meralco/napocor?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    This was one of the cause of yesterday's horrible traffic gridlock in Quezon City. Traffic backed up from Quiapo all the way to Araneta Ave. There were no traffic lights on Araneta Ave., and the MMDA boys abandoned their post. Adding to the problem is that stupid U-turn slot in front of Pegasus, blocking the traffic headed toward Quezon Circle.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    So far dito samin sa QC di pa naman nag brownout...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I wonder what the weekend would be like?... Less blackouts due to offices & factories being closed?

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    This was one of the cause of yesterday's horrible traffic gridlock in Quezon City. Traffic backed up from Quiapo all the way to Araneta Ave. There were no traffic lights on Araneta Ave., and the MMDA boys abandoned their post. Adding to the problem is that stupid U-turn slot in front of Pegasus, blocking the traffic headed toward Quezon Circle.
    Grabe kaya pala!!! Yesterday I was at Araneta nakita ko ang trapik sobra so nag U-turn ako and used Banawe. Banawe was fine then came the intersection to Quezon Ave. and it was clogged basically. It took me 20 mins to make the U-turn to continue my path towards Banawe.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Rotating BLACKOUTS for Metro Manila [MERGED]