New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    I am planning to have my roof painted. Someone advised me to use rubber paints. I guess this is what I need because of my roof's never ending water leakages during rainy season.

Do you know of any good roof paint (preferable rubberize paint) available in the market?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Use Aquaproof Elastomeric Roof coating. It comes with various color shades. I had my roof painted with this one last year. No regrets. Sa exterior walls and open terrace floors, Aquabloc. Same maker, different component nga lang.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    rubberized paints alone will not solve your roof leaking problems. Galvanized roofing with overlaps expands and contracts throughout the day and night.
    you have to identify where and why the roof is leaking. then fix the cause of the leak. Later on you can apply whatever paint you want to use.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by leinahtan View Post
    Use Aquaproof Elastomeric Roof coating. It comes with various color shades. I had my roof painted with this one last year. No regrets. Sa exterior walls and open terrace floors, Aquabloc. Same maker, different component nga lang.
    Where can i buy these aquaproof elastomeric roof coating? How much does it cost?

There is this roof rubber elastomeric paint being pushed to me by Handyman trinoma. I just forgot the name pero it costs aroung P950 per gallon (1big can). Ok daw to sa mga butas and mga pagitan ng metal sheets.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by thebat View Post
    Where can i buy these aquaproof elastomeric roof coating? How much does it cost?

There is this roof rubber elastomeric paint being pushed to me by Handyman trinoma. I just forgot the name pero it costs aroung P950 per gallon (1big can). Ok daw to sa mga butas and mga pagitan ng metal sheets.
    Available at local paint stores, hardwares, Ace. Just shop around. It was around P600/4 litre pail then.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tip_tipid View Post
    rubberized paints alone will not solve your roof leaking problems. Galvanized roofing with overlaps expands and contracts throughout the day and night.
    you have to identify where and why the roof is leaking. then fix the cause of the leak. Later on you can apply whatever paint you want to use.
    +1 on this. If the leaking is due to overlaps, next time you change your roof, switch to prepainted longspan roofing. This will somehow minimize leaks due to lapping. Constant leaks might also be due to your roof's pitch.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    For cooler roofs, paint your GI sheet white. Reason is white reflects heat. Just like you feel a bit cooler in a white shirt vs a dark one. Most roofs are dark colored which actually makes the house warmer.

For a more detailed explanation, use google to search for "cool roofs"

ROOF PAINT - help pls!