New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I just got it from my father, he's the coolest driver I've ever seen. Driving habits like: di siya kaskasero, di naiinip kahit matagal ang stop light, mga ogags sa daan na hihintuan lang niya. Even the way he drives, you can barely feel the shifts and stops. The way he holds the steering wheel di siya malikot, di pa power steering auto namin nun, walang aircon, walang tint, walang player, sira pa ang radio.

And by his standards, ang bilis ko daw. Haaay...

Maybe since I was a kid I observed his driving style at naging ganun na lang ako. Nahihilo ako sa mga stop and go drivers pati yung pihit ng pihit sa manibel a kahit straight line naman ang takbo.

I think there's no such thing as road rage, it's just everybody hates overcrowded area.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Leave early and give enough time to get to your destination. That way hindi ka maiinis sa bagal ng traffic, at hindi ka maiging short tempered.

Let go of your biases. Don't always think people do things intentionally. If you do iisipin mo you were taken advantage of, or worse, that you should get even.

Listen to soft music to calm and relax your emotions.

Drive with somebody if you can, so if you get out of control he or she will pacify you and avert any more confrontations.

Know that your license to drive is not a right, and that it's a privilege, so that you know that others who cannot drive as well as you do probably are not worth your time.

Leave them alone, just as you want to be left alone. It's hard, but it will keep you away from trouble. Once you instigate contact, you will receive some in return. Hopefully it won't be damaging to the car, your health or somebody else's.

Take responsibility in your actions. What you do will be your responsibility. If you lash out at somebody, there's only you to blame and not them, even if they pissed you off. "Ang pikon ay laging talo" remember this!

Kung sisigawan mo sila, do it with closed windows. That way you will realize how such a stupid act can make you look like. This will also allow you to hear yourself shouting. Believe me, it's not good

Just some things I've learned through my own experience.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by mbeige; October 3rd, 2007 at 02:26 PM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Anyone ever experienced driving in subic? i'm from subic and just transferred here at metromanila and Laguna. I remember nung first time ko na adapted ko driving mode sa subic ang nangyari tinatawanan ako ng mga drayber sa metro manila..halatang promdi daw dahil disiplinado..ayun nabanga pwetan ko..malas......

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by snail View Post
    i beg to differ. motorists here (im from davao) are actually more disciplined compared to our manila counterparts. i know what im talking about because i used to drive practically everyday from q.c. to greenhills when i was living there for over a year.

my brother who grew up in manila was even surprised that jeepneys drivers here almost always stops for him whenever he's on a pedestrian lane. kung nasa manila pa siya e baka sigaw at busina lang daw ang inabot niya. in fact, my friend from baguio told me that if you ever happen to encounter a 'kupal' driver there, then most probably the driver is from manila

:peace:
    halos ganito rin sa sta cruz laguna mga few years ago, naka park ako sa street and when its time for me to go nag turn signal lang ako .. the first PUJ sa likod ko imediately stopped to let me thru... nsaabi ko tuloy sa wife ko..babait naman ng mga driver dito
    Last edited by greenlyt; October 3rd, 2007 at 02:29 PM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    iba naman sa SBMA e.

Stop at all intersections kahit nag-iisa ka lang sa kalye.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    i listen to mellow music
    i ignore idiots while driving, i just see them as obstacle to avoid
    and i always thinks that there is no point arguing and getting mad at incosiderate drivers.

and most of all, inde ako nagmamadali..and enjoy the ride...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    and I noticed na pag early morning ako nagdrive before rush hour, kahit anong gawin ng mga balasubas na driver eh hinde umiinit ulo ko, pero pag noon or gabi na doon umiinit ulo ko...siguro depende rin sa time of the day yun mood ko....

maganda siguro lagyan ko ng tape yun switchng window para hinde ko na mabuksan habang nag drive at uminit ang ulo...hehehhe

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    ^^^
    Pansinin nyo, yung mga prone to road rage, medyo disciplinarian sa daan. Kaya hirap na hirap silang intindihin yung mga balasubas na gustong manlamang sa kapwa.
    kung iisipin mo mahirap talaga magpigil ng temper lalo na if you a have a conviction to follow traffice rules. yung bang pipila ka sa traffic tapos biglang may sisingit at mauuna sayo.

ako recently lang muntik na akong makipag away sa taxi driver na mahilig sumingit at manglaman sa daan. andami kong binitawan na masasakit na salita sa driver na yung buti hindi niya ako pinatulan kung nagkataon bogbog sarado ako, malaking tao kasi but the funny thing is hindi ako ang offended driver, pasahero niya ako that time

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    How do I minimize road rage? whenever there's something na nakakapang-init ng ulo sa kalye, pag kasama si kumander sa passenger seat, instant calming effect. hindi ako pwedeng magalit. because I don't want to do something I might regret later on... lalo't nang kasama pa si kumander. baka mapahamak pa.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    sorry for the generalization.

But the fact still is --- most PUJ/PUV/Truck drivers already CAN drive when they came to Manila to work as drivers.

So they must have learned to drive somewhere else.

Ask any driver by profession where they learned to drive... most of them would answer "sa probinsya namin"
    cguro nga most of them sa probinsiya natuto mag drive pero sa manila naman natutong manggitgit, mag cut, mag tail gate at kung ano anong kabulastugan.

madalas din minsan mabilis uminit ulo ko pero iniisip ko na lang wala naman akong mapapala kung papatulan ko pa at saka kung sila di apektado sa ginagawa nila di na rin ako papaapekto dedma na lang. kase kung hinde mabilis ka lang tatanda.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
road rage...