New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm looking at options in giving out non-cash perks for my employees. And I'm highly considering the insurance option. My company currently has accident group insurance coverage, and I want to add other medical and critical illness benefits. What insurance companies should I consider?
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can start by checking the local hospitals and clinics in your area to see which has good representation, then you can make a short list from there.

In my life as a corporate slave we've used Medicard, Maxicare and Asian Life; so far i'm happy with Maxicare and Asian Life in terms of servicing however another factor is the type of plans you will avail.

Another perk you can study is establishing a managed retirement plan fund for your employees. In the case of the company i work for we course these through the Trust Units of the banks we deal with.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Medicard for the past decade, both as employee and dependent (wife's company paying for me also). Never had a problem or issue when using it.

Confined at Asian Hospital for 4 days in 2007, Capitol Med for a week last year, sometimes the coordinator is making an extra effort so that the excess will be covered also.

Like in my case, my coverage is 150k per illness, but my bill reached 200k, they made some adjustment so all i have to pay is 2k. Not bad.

DriveFast.DieHappy.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    You can start by checking the local hospitals and clinics in your area to see which has good representation, then you can make a short list from there.

In my life as a corporate slave we've used Medicard, Maxicare and Asian Life; so far i'm happy with Maxicare and Asian Life in terms of servicing however another factor is the type of plans you will avail.

Another perk you can study is establishing a managed retirement plan fund for your employees. In the case of the company i work for we course these through the Trust Units of the banks we deal with.
    You're right, I will need to check with the local hospitals pala since most forumers here are based in Metro Manila. Baka hindi kasali mga hospitals dito.

As for the retirement fund, I have given my core staffs life insurance with investment, which will serve as their retirement fund, and they are also covered/insured if something happens to them.

For the drivers and delivery helpers, very few lang ang nagtatagal, and I think fewer ang aabot ng retirement age. So giving them insurance coverage while they are employed in my company, I think, will be better.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sarsi View Post
    Medicard for the past decade, both as employee and dependent (wife's company paying for me also). Never had a problem or issue when using it.

Confined at Asian Hospital for 4 days in 2007, Capitol Med for a week last year, sometimes the coordinator is making an extra effort so that the excess will be covered also.

Like in my case, my coverage is 150k per illness, but my bill reached 200k, they made some adjustment so all i have to pay is 2k. Not bad.

DriveFast.DieHappy.
    Do you happen to know the premium paid for that kind of coverage? Is it group insurance? or are you individually covered?
    Signature

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Yan ang hindi ko alam. I will ask her once i got to see her on Monday.

DriveFast.DieHappy.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Carehealth Sir. if you want po I can send you a proposal. 😊

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Malaki na ang tinaas nang premium for HMO dito sa atin, lalo na kung konti lang employees..

we're using Maxicare and I have my wife as dependent, paying 24K a year for hers.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Maxicare and Medicard seem to have the most coverage among hospitals. Maxicare approvals are quick especially if its for a multinational company.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    We've been under Intellicare for quite a number of years now. Also used an international org in our area.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Medilink...not recommended.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast