New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    The question now is do all members know the rules and regulations? Maybe not.
    Maybe we can forced all new incoming members to browse rules and regulations before they can become a member. Just like downloading software in the net you have to electronically signify your understanding of the contract before you can proceed.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    FM, my stand on this is "Ignorance of the law excuses no one".

Members of the moderating team are not really trigger-happy individuals who treat banning like some sort of contest.

We ensure that each offending member is warned, whether publicly or through PM.

Of course, continuing with said offending practices have to be dealt with appropriately.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Field Master
    The question now is do all members know the rules and regulations? Maybe not.
    Maybe we can forced all new incoming members to browse rules and regulations before they can become a member. Just like downloading software in the net you have to electronically signify your understanding of the contract before you can proceed.
    Hindi naman siguro dapat to that extent. Let's leave it to the incoming members to exercise due diligence in browsing for the rules and regulations. Or, as I have seen numerous times, may mga newbies na mahilig mag-start ng thread na 'hi', 'hello'. That would be a good time to welcome the new member, and at the same time, provide him/her with a link to the tsikot.com rules and regulations. Anyway, kung hindi man nila mabasa agad yung rules, andyan naman ang mods and admin para magpaalala.

Cooperation na rin siguro ng bawat isa. For example, if anyone feels that a member is misbehaving on the boards, simply notify the mods via PM. Whenever possible, provide evidence of wrongdoing, such as a link to a particular thread where the offense was made. Sila na ang bahala sa kanya. Don't try to confront the erring member yourself. First of all, it's not our job, if we're not mods/admin. Secondly, baka madamay pa tayo sa sanctions na ipapataw.

Same thing din if a member has a problem with a particular moderator i.e. "Pare, hindi ako sang-ayon sa ginawa mo eh..." Idaan na lang sa PM ang personal issues, rather than waste bandwidth arguing in public.

And when in doubt sa rules, again, a moderator is just a PM away.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; July 6th, 2005 at 09:12 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i hope this settles everything. and hindi na sana maulit ito. the rules and regulations of tsikot.com is posted at the top of every forum. everybody is requested to read the rules, maiksi lang naman yan. ;)
    Signature

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
[R18] SOMETHING THAT'S WORTH TO SEE (warning:contains nudity)