New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    (Lipat ko lang dito mukhang mas maraming nagbabasa. Advice sana.)

Hi.

I'm out of the country and would like to know how exported 2nd hand cars are processed sa pinas. I have a friend who wants to export cars sa pinas and a relative of mine is currently working for the dept. of customs. My relative told me that he could introduce us to a broker. Anu ba ginagawa ng brokers? How are sales handled? Sabi kasi nung relative ko yung broker na daw bahala sa marketing ng cars. Panu yun? Brokers ba nagbabayad ng ishinip namin na cars? Hirap naman kung they'll pay us after na nabenta ang cars. What advice can you give us in dealing with brokers? What's the best and secure way na mabayaran kami in case we send the cars sa pinas? Anong set-up ba maganda? Sabi naman ng relative ko he'll make sure na walang lokohang mangyayari, anu bang klaseng lokohan nangyayari? Kilala nya daw yung broker at mapagkakatiwalaan.

Advice naman po jan sa mga expert sa field na ito, newbie kami ng kaibigan ko eh.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    bump!

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    cleave -- clarification lang? you want to export cars TO the philippines or export cars FROM the philippines?

as for the broker, yep, most customs work are done by duly licensed brokers. they take care of everything for a fee of course. from my experience, it is better to work through one of these brokers and preferably one that you know personally and trust

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez
    cleave -- clarification lang? you want to export cars TO the philippines or export cars FROM the philippines?

as for the broker, yep, most customs work are done by duly licensed brokers. they take care of everything for a fee of course. from my experience, it is better to work through one of these brokers and preferably one that you know personally and trust
    Ah sorry, malabo pala kaya wala atang nagpo-post. Based abroad po kami ng friend ko. So that would be export cars TO the Philippines. Since new kami sa field na ito, we need experts advice in dealing with brokers. Kasi madali naman maghanap and magsend ng cars from here to Pinas. Since may kakilala kami sa customs and he suggested contacting a broker whom he said we can trust eh we need advice on how to deal with them something like how to start the ball rolling. Para hindi naman kami magmukhang tanga masyado (lol!) Brokers na din ba mismo ang magdi-dispose ng units? How and when is the best time to receive payments? Anong magandang set-up na more or less eh hindi argabyado both sides? We were told we can trust this particular broker, what kind of questions do we ask the broker without offending them or crossing the line? How do you think should we start?
    Dami na namang tanong, but lahat ng advice nyo will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    bump!

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    the philippines has ENOUGH of ultra polluting, non-road worthy 2nd hand right-hand drive cars imported form japan already......the government as well as local auto-parts suppliers, local car assemblers are one in hoping to finally end importation of these vehicles

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    how different is it from the ultra polluting, non road worthy cars in pinas? different coz it's 2nd hand imported or different coz it's right hand drive? juzt kiddin'!

well, i did get your point and yah....hopefully they finally end importation of these kind of vehicles before we start and jump on the bandwagon. but for the meantime, we do need advice on how to deal with brokers either it's for exportation of cars or of something else.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    cleave -- kung kayo ang shipper, then your consignee should be the one to secure the release of the vehicle from customs when it arrives in the philippines

your consignee can either do it himself or through a broker

as for the legality of your exporting the vehicle, it depends on the laws of the country you are exporting from, i.e. if these kind of exports are prohibited or not

as for the country of import, then again you have to check the legality of such importations.

also, what is your final destination for the export? is it the philippines and for resale in the philippine market? or is the philippines simply a transit point for re-exportation? magkaiba and rules dyan

if you are exporting right hand drive vehicles, you might want to check this out: http://www.inq7.net/globalnation/sec...w/dec31_07.htm

then there eo 418 (4 april 2005) imposing an additional specific duty of PHP 500T on such importations

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    from japan ba yung cars na ieexport mo? if yes wag mo na tuloy, ang mahal na ng duty ng 2nd hand cars unless it is a luxury car. evn better kung orig lhd para u have something different to offer.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    It is now government policy to discourage importation of second hand cars to protect the environment and of course to protect the local car industy.

It was not so last year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Questions About Exporting 2nd Hand Cars