New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    i also like barong though im not a foreigner. =)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I like barongs. So simple and elegant. I wish all people would wear it at work.

Nowadays, I notice that there are more slobs going to work. Most of them work at call centers, so they wear T-shirts, jeans and rubber shoes. Sana they show a bit of professionalism na maski di ka nakikita ng customer, magsuot ka naman ng maayos kasi nakikita ka ng ibang tao papasok sa office.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    I like barongs. So simple and elegant. I wish all people would wear it at work.

Nowadays, I notice that there are more slobs going to work. Most of them work at call centers, so they wear T-shirts, jeans and rubber shoes. Sana they show a bit of professionalism na maski di ka nakikita ng customer, magsuot ka naman ng maayos kasi nakikita ka ng ibang tao papasok sa office.
    dapat ata sabihin mo yan sa mga companies that allow casual attire. better yet, dapat mag-implement nalang ng uniforms. Not everybody can dress well or have a good sense of fashion.

i would think professionalism is in...

just knowing how to do your job, but demonstrating a willingness to learn, cooperating and getting along with others, showing respect, and living up to your commitments. It also means avoiding many kinds of behaviors that cause trouble in the workplace.
    ... and not in the way people dress to work.

Saying they should show a bit of professionalism is like saying they have none at all. Baka mali lang pagkakaintindi ko sa sinabi mo.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    dapat ata sabihin mo yan sa mga companies that allow casual attire.

If i can, I would. However I believe na i'm not in a position to do so. That is why I just say my 10 cents in forums like this, just hoping it would catch on.

Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post

i would think professionalism is in... ... and not in the way people dress to work.

Saying they should show a bit of professionalism is like saying they have none at all. Baka mali lang pagkakaintindi ko sa sinabi mo.
    I do agree very much in your definition of professionalism and as you mentioned, showing respect to the people you work with also has to do on how you dress up at work. How would you feel dealing business with a person wearing shorts and flipflops at work?

Siguro for lack of a better term, what I wanted to convey is that first impression is important nowadays. And given that you see a lot of people walking down the street looking like slobs doesn't give a good impression on other people at the sort of their seriousness and attitude towards work.

I do agree that clothes does not make a person, but in reality, most people judge you first by the way you look.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wearing Barong = GOOD

Wearing Barong with Athletic Pants = BAD

"The innovative filmmaker wore the barong at the premiere of his film, “Death Proof,” in Dublin, Ireland. He paired the Philippines’ national shirt with black and white athletic pants, the unusual combo he came up with when he received the Lifetime Achievement Award of the Cinemanila Film Festival from President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo in Malacañang, as shown in this file photo."

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    His visit to the Philippines made a good impression on him. Cool!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Kayo naman......alamin nyo muna kung bakit naka jogging pants si Quentin Tarantino nung pumunta ng malacanang.....

Bumabaha nung time na yun......eh obviously hindi kakayanin nung kotse yung baha so nagrent sila ni Tikoy Aguiluz ng pedicab.....from sta mesa to malacanang.....

Eh basang-basa yung pants ni Quetin at that time.....so no choice sya na to change.......

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Nakita ko sa TV Patrol si Quentin kanina. Suot nya yung Barong and jogging pants nga. .

Same nang sinuot nya, nu'ng pumunta siya ng Malacanang. He-he!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    hehe. Sort of related -- dati may formal meeting ako sa isang hotel so naka barong ako. Kaso nalimutan ko palitan yung boat/driving shoes ko eh kinuha na yung car ng valet. Ayun, sputing nga ako pero naka boat shoes haha.

After that, I'd decided to wear color matched boat/driving shoes with my office 'gusot mayaman' barong all the time.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    just remembered this past sunday meron isang american missionary na nagvisit sa church ng mom ko. he was wearing baron din. ok sana habang nagsasalita sya sa pulpit kaso pagbaba nya kita ng congregation na he was only wearing shorts sa baba. hahahahaha. kulit. they were on vacation and wala sya dala na formal attire, nanghiram lang pala ng barong sa kakilala dito.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Quentin Tarantino wears Barong 65th Golden Globe