New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Iba iba naman ang taste ng tao pero para sakin ang lakas ng appeal nyang matandang yan 😂😂

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    aliw na aliw ka OB sa push start button, matagal na yan ah diba? wala bang ganyan yung mga sasakyan mo?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    aliw na aliw ka OB sa push start button, matagal na yan ah diba? wala bang ganyan yung mga sasakyan mo?
    Di ka na nasanay dyan puro reklamo lang naman bukambibig nyan.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    yan nga isang prob ko, coz one of our car tipong 2010 pa, lately pag pinu-push ko yun button parang kelangan diinan. so i figure ano ba nagyayaro sa mga soft touch buttons like pag turn on the PC or TV or gadget, di ba usually dumudumi yun contact point ng button internally, minsan spray mo ng contsct cleaner. so what if wala ka daal contact cleaner tapos nasa labas ka, ano yun i-pry open mo yun start stop switch para linisin yun umido. syempre tow na yan sa casa, 5000 sa towing tapos who knows ano icharge ng casa 30k 50k . pansin pag electronic ang nasira sa kasa mas matinde pa mag-charge kaysa mechanical problem, eh yun standard car key mechanical yun, di mo na presyuhan ng mahal yun. sa kotse pag sinabi computer provlem nakow ibig sabihen money money money. kaya good luck na lang senyo, even if you say you bought a car that youll keep in 10 years, say isuzu mux pr montero na start stop, prepare to be charge one time fee ng mga 30k up in something as simple as starting the car

come to think it how much is rifd, it's being used sa groceries, mga $1, how much are key fobs. sa gfroce alarm, sa 1.5k may alarm ka na may 2 key fobs ka na, and of course na start stop switch na i-on lang naman yun starter. that's like so cheap to manufacture, programming sows, eh eprom programming lang yun.

mas magastos pa nga i manufacture ang mechanical keys na unique to each and every car like plate number. pero car manufacturers are somehow marketing push start systems as for premium or totl models only, pero mas mura production cost nila, tapos mas madali i-repair nila pero sayo mas butas ang bulsa mo

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    The Start/Stop button is there for safety/security.

I've read (long ago) na a lot of carjackers look for people walking into their car while looking for their keys.

Remote was earlier added para mareduce yung instances na nagtatagal yung car owner sa labas ng car trying to open the door.

I remember my Caucasian colleague once told me about the safety feature of his BMW. The engine will automatically turn off once he's 2 meters away from the car. In the event of a "carjacking," car owner can leave the car and run to a safe distance before mag-off yung engine...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    The Start/Stop button is there for safety/security.

I've read (long ago) na a lot of carjackers look for people walking into their car while looking for their keys.

Remote was earlier added para mareduce yung instances na nagtatagal yung car owner sa labas ng car trying to open the door.

I remember my Caucasian colleague once told me about the safety feature of his BMW. The engine will automatically turn off once he's 2 meters away from the car. In the event of a "carjacking," car owner can leave the car and run to a safe distance before mag-off yung engine...
    are you familiar with rfids? i studied it kasi isa yan sa mga tarbaho ko sa isang malaking gorcery store sa US, ianalyze ko system implementstion, now rfids are also being used in credit cards, cards, check nyo credit cards kung tipong meron parang wifi logo dyan , contactless card na yan meaning you can pay wirelessly, 2 years abdami. a steal ng credit card numbers by simply lalapit lang sya malapit sa pocket mo with a device. so how is it safe if the game of the future is digital theft. mas delikado nga yan kasi contact less na yan, if a determined group of coders code a stealer na i record lahat ng bumaba sa parking lot with rfid fobs. they can steal whatever inside your car without breaking any window or the whole car itself without any untoward incident.

lets take for example sa gym, FIntess first to be exact. there was a time when fitness first used card systems sa locker, kung san mo lagay cards mo wallet mo etc. ngaun nag-shift na ang FF sa orisnary standard keys coz may nawawalab eh parang ghost. who knows who did it inside job meaning disgruntled employees or somebody duplicated the magneitic film data.

my point babalik at babalik pa din ang isang establishment sa keys lalo na kung wala eto dedicated security to guard the electronic secuirty system like sa mga hotels. eh satin car owners, sino nagbabantay,

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    classic case of complexity vs convenience

but reliability goes down as complexity goes up
    In this case, a push button is simpler than an ignition switch barrel. Less mechanical complexity.

All a turn-key is is an electrical switch overcomplicated with a physical security lock-out (attached to the steering wheel), a clutch lock-out, an RFID sensor (for most cars today more expensive than a subcompact) to detect the security chip in the key and etcetera.

A push-button only needs the RFID sensor and a spring-loaded button. The functions of everything else is done electronically. Less stuff to break.

Hell... new "keyless" fobs for pushbutton cars are even more reliable than the alarm keyfobs for older cars... which often broke from the mechanical stress induced by actually twisting the key.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Reliable naman mga push start button switches, low curent contacts lang mga yun. Yung iba non-contact switch pa, gamit hall effect sensor.

The convenience is compelling. Doors unlock in your presence (only driver's door unlocks in some cars for security), the cars starts only if the fob is nearby (in a bag or pocket).

Ano naman stupid dun?

True the system is more complex, but if you look at electrical diagrams, they still look simple because most devices in the car are now connected to just one module. For example, the door light is not connected to the door switches anymore and the door switches are not connected together anymore. All of them connects to the body module. The module cpu will know when and which door is opened, and turns on the door lamp. The system is easily configured by software alone (instead of rewiring stuff on old style), e.g., two-stage unlocking of doors, built-in alarm settings, etc.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Nobody cam lock this thread, OB has a keyfob to open it!

Thieves Have Developed A New Way To Steal Your Car In Seconds Without The Key

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    They can provide keyless start/stop but there should be some kind of manual override

There is a manual override an agent showed me when test driven a montero.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast