New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    1 meter above the road ang tambak ko, yung warehouse elevated ng another 1 meter, so in the next 10-20yrs, hindi naman siguro aabot ng ganyan kataas ang baha.

safe na safe na yan sir. lagyan na lang ng stairs and ramp pa akyat.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    The value of properties in flood prone areas tend to stagnate or worse, decline long term. case in point: Marikina. Just look at how many properties are up for sale in that city....

BUT if its just one street, value would still go up but a lot slower compared to areas not flooded.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jresperanza View Post
    iyong pinoy na nag solve ng baha sa singapore ang solusyon natin... time to fight the govt to listen! its our tax money!!!
    sino yun pinoy na nagsolve flood sa singapore? ganu pa kagaling drainage system nila sila dun?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    para kasi sa government, kailangan lang nila ma-report na walang baha sa kalsada. hindi na nila problema kung baha sa loob ng bahay. kaya pinaka simple na solution is taasan yung kalsada.

and come to think of it, pag tinaasan yung kalsada, catch basin yung kabilang street. kailangan ulit taasan yung kabila. panibagong project nanaman yun.
    Yan yung problem ng friends ko sa Manila at sa Guagua, Pampanga. Tinaasan yung roads so the water goes into their property.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by timrev View Post
    sino yun pinoy na nagsolve flood sa singapore? ganu pa kagaling drainage system nila sila dun?
    baka sila palafox...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Yan yung problem ng friends ko sa Manila at sa Guagua, Pampanga. Tinaasan yung roads so the water goes into their property.
    local governments kasi dont want to dig up and lay proper road foundations kaya tinatapalan lang nila yung existing level kaya the road levels keep rising.

the street in front of our house used to become flooded (or become the floodway) but since the government wasn't doing anything. a wealthy neighbor had the entire street dug up and had a new drainage system installed. we haven't been flooded since, even with the strong typhoons we had this year.

if there's a will there's a way. problem lang is walang political will ang government to displace groups of people for better urban planning/design because they fear losing voters in the next election.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    1 meter above the road ang tambak ko, yung warehouse elevated ng another 1 meter, so in the next 10-20yrs, hindi naman siguro aabot ng ganyan kataas ang baha.
    I have an officemate who just recently (about 2 years ago) bought a lot at Bay Breeze Executive Village (oh my gulay!). Before he built his house, he asked neighbors for info on how high the flood was when Ondoy came. Based on that info, he started to raise his lot to Ondoy level PLUS one (1) meter.

This guy already knows the state of that subdivision whenever it rains but still he went on with his project house.

Then Habagat came, flooded his village, to the extent that the first floor of his house had a inch or flood water! Remember, nagtambak sya ng kaparehas ng Ondoy flood plus 1 meter, tapos pinasok pa sya ng tubig habagat ngayon.

Sayang ang pera!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    the street in front of our house used to become flooded (or become the floodway) but since the government wasn't doing anything. a wealthy neighbor had the entire street dug up and had a new drainage system installed. we haven't been flooded since, even with the strong typhoons we had this year.

if there's a will there's a way. problem lang is walang political will ang government to displace groups of people for better urban planning/design because they fear losing voters in the next election.
    I saw a similar place like this in the province, an entire stretch of road was fixed and raised by the homeowner who had his home and business warehouse (distribution) there.

Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    I have an officemate who just recently (about 2 years ago) bought a lot at Bay Breeze Executive Village (oh my gulay!). Before he built his house, he asked neighbors for info on how high the flood was when Ondoy came. Based on that info, he started to raise his lot to Ondoy level PLUS one (1) meter.

This guy already knows the state of that subdivision whenever it rains but still he went on with his project house.

Then Habagat came, flooded his village, to the extent that the first floor of his house had a inch or flood water! Remember, nagtambak sya ng kaparehas ng Ondoy flood plus 1 meter, tapos pinasok pa sya ng tubig habagat ngayon.

Sayang ang pera!
    I see that village whenever i pass by C6... crazy to build there, even when you just look at a googlemaps image of the place, it's bound to go under.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    safe na safe na yan sir. lagyan na lang ng stairs and ramp pa akyat.
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post

Sayang ang pera!
    Wala nang "safe na safe" ngayon, lalo na at alam mong binabaha ang lugar.... :twak:

You are just being naive about the situation... Puro wishful thinking lang iyan.... Kapag umulan ng malakas,- kinakabahan ka na...

16.9K:spam:

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    As long as urban development is rpid and no equal effort form the Gov't to address drainage systems, floods are bound to happen.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast