New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I've just purchased a 20gallon tank and some other stuff to setup our very 1st aquarium. Pangako namin to ni Misis sa anak namin who's now excited about it.

I'm scheduled to start work on it (clean tank, put gravel, stones, etc, put water) tomorrow evening para in time by Sunday morning sana kami bibili ng fish.

Sa pag iikot ko sa mga pet shops dito sa area, at sa pagtingin ko sa Cartimar last week (where I bought the tank), medyo nalilito ako kung anong fish ang bibilhin ko...

Goldfish? Flower horn maganda sya may kamahalan lang... Carp / Koi?

My daughter is turning 4 by end of this year...

Help naman po sa mga nakaka alam dyan!

Salamat

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    goldfish will do...maliit 20 galons for flowerhorn. 2-3 fancy goldfish pwede na siguro sa 20 gallons

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

This should be a good guide....

Feng Shui Lucky Objects

AQUARIUM

An aquarium is considered lucky and can bring prosperity into the house, if it is properly positioned. Fish can also absorb negative chi, particularly the blackmole (blackmoor) variety, which are very sensitive. If you have blackmoles in your tank, and they die easily, check the water temperature, the aerator and the type of fish food. If all there are correct, but the fish are still dying, their death can then be considered as an indication that the house has negative energy.

In Hongkong, when locals move into new premises, they install near the front door, a fish tank containing six or eight blackmoles and one gold fish. The blackmoles absorb negative vibrations that are inherent in the place, or left behind by previous tenants, dead fish are immediately replaced, and the process continues until all the bad luck is absorbed.

Locate your aquarium in areas of your house or room that require activity. That would generally be defined as the left(dragon) wall and the front wall. Do not place your aquarium on the right (tiger) wall, or on the rear wall, as these should be steady.

The shape of your Aquarium:

Round, cylindrical, hexagonal or rectangular shapes are suitable for an aquarium. It is better not to use square or triangular tanks, as these shapes represent earth and fire which are inimical to the water element. Your aquarium should be aerated to enhance its capacity to activate chi.

Color and number of fish:

A predominance of black, gold, or silver is good. Limit the number of red fish, as red conflicts with the water element. The number of fish in the aquarium is also considered. When the purpose is to enhance prosperity, you can have, 1, 6, 8, or 9 fish. Avoid having 2, 5, 7, or 10.

Your geomancer should consider the energy grid of the house and calculate the influence of the annual moving stars before recommending the positioning of your aquarium.
    13.3K:springsmile:

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Kahit ano pa ilagay mo (wag lang dalag) , don't forget the janitor fish ha.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    my daughter grew up seeing all my fishes. i collect american cichlids, mostly geophagus species. all caught her interest.
    on her 5th birthday i decided to bring her to a local fish store for her present. i first showed her a tankful of jumbo goldfishes, she likes them all but never found the liking to take one home.. as we go around and seen all the fishes, only one type never really missed her eye. bettas! betta splendens or the fighting fish. i got her two and a betta tank. and she's happy with them.
    then i realised that what maybe beautiful for me may not be beautiful for my daughter.
    i suggest that you take your daughter for a trip at cartimar.
    and be bitten by the aquarium bug! goodluck!

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    advise ko lang kasi mangingisda rin ako. bili ka muna ng starter fish like mollies and platies. ok na yung 3-5 fish as starter. why? you need to jumpstart the nitrogen cycle with these fishes first to stablish the bacterias in your filter and the aquarium. these bacterias will be your biological filter. these bacterias live in the gravel and filter. atleast one month is required to complete these cycle otherwise baka weekly ka bumili ng isda. first bacteria to thrive will be the ones to process ammonia (from leftover food, feces and urine of the fish) to nitrites. then new bacterias will thrive to convert nitrite to nitrate. ammonia and nitrites are highly poisonous to fish. nitrate is poisonous but tolerable by the fishes. and nitrate levels are reduced by doing 20% water change at least once a week. and as a rule of thumb, you want a rate of 1inch of fish per gallon of water (adult mollies and platies will be a range of 1.5in to 2in in length. so a 20 gallon aquarium max population for this kind of fish will be 12). goodluck. if you need more guidelines, join us in mypalhs.com

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Kahit ano pa ilagay mo (wag lang dalag) , don't forget the janitor fish ha.

i dont recomment janitor fish. keep in mind that no fish will live out of other fishes poo. this is a misconception for janitor fish. and janitor fish grows upto a foot and they grow fast. this will dominate your tank. you want your tank clean and healthy? and just be a responsible pet owner. fish in aquariums are friends not food. hahaha!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    goldfish will do...maliit 20 galons for flowerhorn. 2-3 fancy goldfish pwede na siguro sa 20 gallons
    2 - 3 goldfish na mga gaano kalalaki? =)

flower horn is nice to look at.. but definitely di ko muna kunin yun since mahal.. have to experience muna yung pag alaga ng aquarium... mamaya eh madaling lumipad yung a few thousand pesos per fish na flower horn hehe..

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

This should be a good guide....

Feng Shui Lucky Objects

13.3K:springsmile:

hmmm.... thanks for the tip!! now draw condo layout and send to my mother's suking feng shui expert hehe...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by holdencaulfield View Post
    my daughter grew up seeing all my fishes. i collect american cichlids, mostly geophagus species. all caught her interest.
    on her 5th birthday i decided to bring her to a local fish store for her present. i first showed her a tankful of jumbo goldfishes, she likes them all but never found the liking to take one home.. as we go around and seen all the fishes, only one type never really missed her eye. bettas! betta splendens or the fighting fish. i got her two and a betta tank. and she's happy with them.
    then i realised that what maybe beautiful for me may not be beautiful for my daughter.
    i suggest that you take your daughter for a trip at cartimar.
    and be bitten by the aquarium bug! goodluck!

nung nagpunta ako sa Cartimar (after a long long time.. ) kahit ako na overwhelm! I'm sure pati yung anak ko ma overwhelm... ang mas mahirap.. baka mamaya ay ano ano pa ang ituro at ipabili hehe...

american cichlids? ano itsura nun?

pansin ko lagi fighting fish eh malilit ang tanks... is there a particular reason why?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Which pet fish?