New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    dami na din HIV+ dito sa Pinas. Di lang mashado publicized. Kaya ingat...

http://www.journal.com.ph/index.php?...ate=2006-06-11

http://www.journal.com.ph/index.php?...ate=2006-06-29

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Destroying diseased organisms has been done by man with little or no qualm for centuries. kaso na lang tao ang pinaguusapan dito sa the ethics of it does come into play.

Disease does have a part to play in our world. If the world was free of disease how can we manage the population growth? People would need to die of old age or crime to have enough resources for everyone.

I'm sure my opinion will not sit well with a lot of people but pause for a moment and think. If no one dies as fast as we reproduce where will we put the extra people? How will we feed em?

I think HIV/AIDS wouldnt have happened if people didnt do it with monkeys or ate moneky meat. that's the current theory people have on where HIV/AIDS came from.
    Last edited by OTO; July 5th, 2006 at 09:41 PM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    People are not dying as fast as people reproduce. People are reproducing faster than people are dying. http://www.worldometers.info/

I dont buy that "diseases have a part to play in our world" thing. Diseases should be wiped out. Many diseases have already been been wiped out. Vaccines against smallpox, polio etc have virtually eradicated diseases that could have killed billions.

Many people who would have died are alive today coz of vaccines. That includes me and everyone reading this.

Darwinian natural selection allows weak organisms to die out, leaving strong organisms to thrive.

But it is not our nature to give in to natural selection. Man has been defying natural selection and will continue to defy natural selection.

When we feel sick, we dont just give up and wait for death. We go see a doctor and take medicine. Its our nature to avoid death. we dont say "hey, im sick, its my time to go... i accept it... its the circle of life."

Scientists have sequenced the human genetic code. There's gene therapy and stem cell technology...

Im sure there's a scientist in a lab somewhere who will find the cure for AIDS or cancer, or even aging.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    If no one dies what happens then? We multiply like tribbles then what?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    I'd gladly kill you to ensure my space in this world.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    If ever you've taken Philo1, there's this thing called "Argumentum Ad Hominem" and some of you are guilty of it.

See, this is a discussion, we present ideas, why the hell do you attack the person? Tsikot, from my initial impression is composed of mature people. Getting angry at a person with an unpopular idea is simply so childish and immature.

Don't take things personally, I don't even know you. If you have AIDS then I apologize for the seemingly harsh idea I presented. It's just a Machiavellian derived solution, if the elimination of the few sick will benefit the majority, i think it's well worth it. I am a practical person who thinks usually between costs and benefits, that's it. It is unpopular and criticisms are sort of expected but not emotional over-reactions. My statements here doesn't necessarily reflect my own belief nor actions. Some, are just for the sake of discussion. Remember, we're talking about an uncurable disease here and the problem of its further spread that's facing this human race.

Rebutt the ideas, not the messenger. Geez! How typical of most Filipinos.

I hope we can have an intelligent, healthy discussion here.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Survival instinct FTW

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    i think this disease was designed/created by U.S. or U.N. to ensure a manageable world population. and if ever there is a cure im sure they wont allow it to be released commercially. sinadya nila yan---biruin mo billions of dollars and years were spent on this thing pero hangang ngayon wala pa rin nararating...tapos yun mga gamot na naimbento nila is more of a body poison than a medicine. i wont look at it at any other way...it is more of a geo political gimmick than anything else. ito ay akin lng naman

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    disease caused by viruses are very difficult to combat, not like bacteria based diseases that can be attacked with the many kinds of antibiotics. thats the reason why a HIV cure is very hard to attain. there is a vaccine though but not that effective.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boydapa
    i think this disease was designed/created by U.S. or U.N. to ensure a manageable world population. and if ever there is a cure im sure they wont allow it to be released commercially. sinadya nila yan---biruin mo billions of dollars and years were spent on this thing pero hangang ngayon wala pa rin nararating...tapos yun mga gamot na naimbento nila is more of a body poison than a medicine. i wont look at it at any other way...it is more of a geo political gimmick than anything else. ito ay akin lng naman

I take offense in this I have always believed cancer was the "it" disease.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
People Who Pass On AIDS Virus May be Sued