New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Well for me, sickness is inevitable as well as death. Just make your stay here worthwile and enjoy while it lasts. Tell the ones you love that you love them and dont overwork yourself. you'll never know when you're going to meet our creator......

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    m54 :heart: at you

Maybe it's true that the sound of a single brain cell rattling around the head makes a sound so deafening one could literally go mad.

ot Bogeyman if that happens then we won't see how faux intelligence works.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Dude you're taking things to the extreme. No we dont stop trying to curb the spread of diseases but to say diseases & death has no purpose is wrong. Things must die so others can live. Can you imagine not being able to kill a chicken to eat a nice lunch at KFC?

Our resources are finite but our appetites arent. We need death & diseases to offset the population growth. Once everyone stops reproducing I guess that is when we dont need diseases and death anymore.

This isnt Star Trek, it's real life.
    Quote Originally Posted by uls
    So what do we do? Stop all the cancer and AIDS research? Stop developing new treatments for heart disease, diabetes? we have to leave stuff that will kill people right? we cant find cures for everything out there coz if we did, nature wont have anything left to kill us with.

So where do we stop? We stop at cancer and AIDS? find cures for everything else but leave cancer and AIDS alone?

Im on the side of people who will not accept disease as a part of life.

Im on the side of scientists. They will constantly challenge and defy nature.

People who will not resign to the fact that man is powerless against nature are responsible for the forward and upward surge of mankind thru the ages.

Thank God for them.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    There is a scientist. His name is Aubrey de Grey. He believes the cure for aging is within reach. He believes technology already exists that can push life expectancy of people living today to 120 years.

And as science advances, those who do live that long will be able to take advantage of even newer advances that will further extend their lives.

And as they live even longer, they will benefit from even more advancements. 120-160-250-500-1000... that's basically the idea.

The scientific community won't take him seriously but they can't dismiss him. There is too much sound science behind his theories that they can't ignore him.

Noone has dared to debate him yet.

http://www.sens.org/

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower
    *M54: If that makes you happy, then so be it, but your counter arguments are wrong. Maybe next time kid.

I wouldn't retaliate anymore in respect to the head moderator, GlennSter.
    nice cop out. i guess i'm wrong because you say so.

and nice try trying to belittle me by calling me 'kid'. noob.

i guess we're done here

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BTTT, from my observations of living in California and seeing its judicial system at work, it doesn't take a lot to win large awards by suing somebody. if you can prove that your life was ruined because you got infected (not difficult obviously), and the person who infected you knowingly or deliberately did so, i have trouble believing that the courts wouldn't find against you.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
People Who Pass On AIDS Virus May be Sued