New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    This is a nice thread , very informative sa ibat ibang style ng parenting, tsikot dad & mom's keep it coming.

up to you sir Vroom-Vroom!

I am beginning to have an idea on how to treat my little red (shown in my avatar) when he grows up.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Tama treat your child with respect. Kung kelangan pagsabihan, dapat ine-explain sa bata bakit hindi tama yung ginawa nya. Hindi pwedeng sagot yung "BASTA!"

Kung may yaya kayo, dapat ganun din, dapat i-explain nila sa bata bakit mali ang ginagawa nila.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by red07 View Post
    This is a nice thread , very informative sa ibat ibang style ng parenting, tsikot dad & mom's keep it coming.

up to you sir Vroom-Vroom!

I am beginning to have an idea on how to treat my little red (shown in my avatar) when he grows up.
    Thanks Red, appreciate it.

Actually my dad says that my kid is my total opposite, he always say that iwan lang daw nya ko sa isang tabi then alis sya sandali tapos pagbalik nya nandun pa din daw ako kung paano nya ako iniwan , my dad is also strict and disciplinarian. I believe its all because of the new generation today.

My main problem with my kid is he likes to yell on top of his voice especially when disagreeing. He also like to tease his little sister all the time lalo na pag tulog that's why we sometimes get mad kasi kawawa naman.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It really depends on the child's personality as well, you can have a cookie-cutter solution for all your kids... Some say spanking doesn't work and will only lead to worse behaviour, that I don't agree on, again it really depends on the child and HOW THE PARENT RATIONALIZES THE PUNISHMENT.

For crying out loud, do you really think a kid cries because of the pain? Unless your a sadistic parent, your spankings are not painful enough to induce real pain, it's fear that they are crying about, not physical pain.

I can make my kid(s) (I consider my niece as partly my daughter) cry by just staring at them if they know they're wrong, but if they don't think they've done anything wrong, even if I yell at them it means squat to them.

In the end, it's communication, how you discipline is up to you, but if you don't tell the child (in a way that they can comprehend) why they are punished, it doesn't really matter what form of punishment you slap on them, it ain't gonna work.

Your child will only respond to your "disciplinary actions" if they respect your authority. If they feel that they can manipulate you (trust me, they KNOW), no matter what you say or do, you won't be respected by the child, regardless of age.

Being "the boss" doesn't mean you can shout the loudest or spank the hardest, it's the one who can give meaning and reasoning to what's going on in time of chaos that'll win this tug-of-war.

Give kids more credit than they look, they are WAY smarter in terms of understanding your intentions than you think.

Kinda like the forums hehe.

Lastly, if you have a yaya, don't expect your parenting skills to improve hehe.
    Last edited by theveed; August 24th, 2007 at 03:39 PM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by city View Post
    no to spanking
    no to humiliation
    no to scolding
    no to corporal punishments
    no to scaring
    no to violent communication

I treat my daughter with respect and dignity. Shower her with love, understanding and compassion.....guess what...no need to discipline her
    I do the same thing sir with my 2 kids - 8yr old girl and 7yr old boy.

Swerte rin ako kse no need to discipline them kse ang babait nila sobra. Me and my wife are really happy and proud of them.

Now, I believe na namama yung kakulitan ng mga bata - sa daddy or sa mommy. Try to look back kung nung bata kayo e makulit at salbahe kayo, chances are me traits nyo na mamanahin so better be ready and at the same time try to double effort your treatment to them.

Siguro kung makulit at me pagkasalbahe din ang mga kids ko I could have treated them harshly din pero nothing physical pero me parusa. Buti na lang no need to do it.

Ang treatment ko sa mga kids ko parang barkada lang at kalaro. Playmate nila ako at lagi lang ako nagbibiro sa kanila. Lambingan lagi. So happy lahat !

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Agree ako kay boss theveed. Kids can be extremely good at manipulating you if they think they can.

Corporal punishment ako sa mga anak ko kung kailangan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Parenting - How should children be treated?