New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I tried to book a round trip ticket for my wife, my infant son, and mom in-law from laoag to manila on Jan 2008. To my surprise the cost is now twice as much than what I had paid in October 2007 and December 2007.

Before I paid around 3,000 pesos per person inclusive of taxes. When I tried to book a flight today the cost is now more than 6,000 per head. What gives? Cebu Pacific has not increased their fares, so I might look into them. Any idea why PAL decided to increased their fee?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Airline ticket prices can vary due to a number of circumstances (season, booking date, etc.) more so as this is a peak season for air travel.

We paid also 6K+ per head for a MNL-TGL-MNL PAL flight before since I only booked a few weeks before my actual flight date, but upon further checking - if I book 2-3 months in advance online the price is much cheaper.

Though nothing beats MNL-HKG-MNL CebPac flight that I just got for 2.9K per pax.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    I have an uncle who is a pilot for Cebu Pacific. He says that one of the reasons why their fares are lower is because they are still enjoying the benefits of the fuel rebates/free fuel that their brand new aircraft are on courtesy of the manufacturer's "break-in" period.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    airline allocates only few number of promo price seats...the early you book the cheaper you get....

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I have an uncle who is a pilot for Cebu Pacific. He says that one of the reasons why their fares are lower is because they are still enjoying the benefits of the fuel rebates/free fuel that their brand new aircraft are on courtesy of the manufacturer's "break-in" period.
    Brand-new or newly-renovated?

I've had the opportunity of traveling via CebuPac twice this year (June and December), and I seriously doubt if their A319/A320 planes are brand new. Exterior pa lang, hindi mukhang bago. So don't ask me about the interior.

When PAL bought their Fokker-50 turboprops several years ago, I was one of the lucky passengers. IIRC, may flight pa nun papuntang San Jose, Occidental Mindoro (that was my first time on an airplane, hehehe). It was unmistakably new, it even smelled like it just came out of the factory (much like that new car smell). Same thing with the PAL Airbus I rode to Davao in 2004 yata.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    It's 100% brand new...straight from the factory in tolouse france.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    All Airbus planes of CebuPac are brandnew. Dahil lang sa over utilized (wala na sigurong time paliguan) kaya mukhang luma na.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Jan 2008 is still peak season, that 's their peak season rate at 6k per person AFAIK....

WBR,

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Cebu Pacific are usually delay nowadays. My trip to Mindanao the other day was delayed by 6 HOURS!
    Too many destination with only a few planes. Their planes are overworked to the Max.
    Many passengers are now complaining. Me too, but as long as they offer the 1 peso fare. Shut me up. Hehe

By the way, I think Taxes & Fuel Surcharges have increase for 2008.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I guess they're feeling the "hit" on the rising prices of fuel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
PAL is charging twice as much for domestic flights in 2008