New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    i was using the skyway going to alabang this morning when i was pulled over for overspeeding. a pncc police approached me at the tollgate & said i was caught by radar doing 110 at the skyway! wow! konti nga ang vehicles ako pa ang napaginitan and i did not see a sign with a speed limit. i read from 1 of the threads here that you can put the apprehension under protest. in my haste to get to where i am going i forgot to do it. however, when i got to look at the TOP, i did not even sign it. meron pa kayang chance na ma-under protest ko ito sa LTO? after me, meron pa uling isang biktima, trooper naman. why is it that its always the private cars that get the brunt of the traffic violations, real or imagined, and not the *#$* PU drivers who are the cause of all these traffic nightmares? :swear: Kaya ingat kayo fellow tsikoteers sa skyway. grabe, overspeeding at an almost empty strech of highway!:mad: :mad:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Strict ang speeding limit sa skyway ang alam ko. That's one stretch of road that speeding is actually being enforced since it opened...

Skyway never was an autobahn...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the question is...overspeeding ka nga ba?

kung totoo naman, wag ka na magprotesta...baka mapahiya ka lang pag pinakitaan ka ng ebidensya. IMO

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    overspeeding?

i find it irritating that they choose to enforce that and yet turn a blind eye on other more GRAVE offenses (like using the shoulder).

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Were you caught along the stretch from Skyway Tollplaza to Bicutan or the stretch before that?

No offense dude but there are signs on both sides of the Skyway that state the speed limit and another that says violators will be caught and prosecuted.

As theveed mentioned Skyway was never an autobahn and the speed limit was placed and enforced for your and others safety. In the unlucky event you could fall off the Skyway and drop 20-40 feet down crushing, injuring and destorying people and property.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by mazdamazda
    overspeeding?

i find it irritating that they choose to enforce that and yet turn a blind eye on other more GRAVE offenses (like using the shoulder).
    o nga...pati na rin jaywalking.

OT: saw the news at MUB...may nabanggang lalake not sure kung NLEX o SLEX o EDSA... patay ata pero may sign na "BAWAL TUMAWID" pano to...abswelto kaya yung babaeng nakabunggo?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    isa lang ang sagot dyan: "if i were overspeeding how did you catch up with me?"

ehehehehe! buti nalang di ako natsatsambahan!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    OT: sa NLEX ba may radar din ba?

I tried 140 there, di naman ako hinuli...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Originally posted by baiskee
    o nga...pati na rin jaywalking.

OT: saw the news at MUB...may nabanggang lalake not sure kung NLEX o SLEX o EDSA... patay ata pero may sign na "BAWAL TUMAWID" pano to...abswelto kaya yung babaeng nakabunggo?
    I doubt the driver will get off scott free. I think under the law pedestrians are always the victim in pedestrian vs vehicle cases. That's why I stop for pedestrians even if they jay walk to avoid problems. It's better to be late than be in jail.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hehe, good one OTO... Manila Jail... A sight of its condition should be a big enough reason for anyone to stay on the law's good side...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Overspeeding sa Skyway?!?