New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    We're now actually thinking of helping them a little financially. Would this in anyway be treated as a sign of guilt if the other party continue with their filing of a case?
    Shouldn't be. Just let them know there's a limit to how much you're willing to shell out, because you also had to spend for the driver and the truck.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    We're now actually thinking of helping them a little financially. Would this in anyway be treated as a sign of guilt if the other party continue with their filing of a case?
    nagsabi ba sila? or at your own initiative yan?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    At my own initiative. Just a little lang naman to help them with the hospital bills.

Yesterday pala, while I was in the fiscal's office, one of the lawyers (PAO) mentioned that the name of the motorcycle rider sounded familiar. Might be one of his students before. This student of his is a constant drinker daw.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    may mga abogado diyan who make a living out of cases like this .. kunwari pro-bono sa biktima tapos mag-fi-file sa kaibigang judge .. after they find you guilty and force to pay up .. pag-papartehan nila yung pera at bibigyan ng konti yung biktima .. happened to my sis once .. case ran for years and then the judge died .. since wala na yung padrino nung abogado .. they just dropped the case ..

btt
    might be good to run a check on the family of the rider .. just to check kung mga bwitre ba sila .. if you're willing to spend personal money and not from your insurance, try to draw up a psuedo-quit claim (not sure kung pwede though, not a lawyer) para hindi ka habulin for more ..

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Tama ang ginawa n TS.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Update:

A friend of mine saw the accident. He passed by the area just a few minutes after it occurred. The rider was still trapped between the rear of the truck and the motorcycle. He said he saw the motorcycle entering the highway na pagewang-gewang, an indication of being drunk.

Now I'm having second thoughts if I should still help the family financially. From the words of one of the PAO lawyers and then from this friend who saw the accident, this motorcycle rider really is an accident waiting to happen.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    is there a medical report na intoxicated sya? dapat stated yun.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I've been through a similar incident between my car and a motorcycle with a passenger. I tried to do the humane thing and even brought the injured passenger to and from the hospital, waiting and shouldering their miscellaneous expenses. What that brought me is constant text messages for help and a court case for lost compensation. Although it was settled by our insurance company, I vowed to do nothing like that again.

in your case, look at the police report and read it if who was judged to be wrong. The police investigator tends to side with the poor even if they are at fault. that was my 1st mistake as i let it go although I could have had our company's liaison correct it. the motorcycle driver had an expired license and they were the ones who actually hit me. the injury was caused when the motorcycle fell on the passenger. the problem was that the driver was an off duty police man and his passenger wife was a public school teacher.

I had another incident wherein a driver who was intoxicated. He thought I cut him off and overtook me. After which, he started starting and braking in front of me. In one of these sequences, i ended up accidentally rear ending him. After going to the police station, the police inspector convinced both of us to just let the insurance handle it since the damage was minor.
    I should have noted in the police report that the driver was drunk but failed to do it.
    Last edited by bender; August 18th, 2010 at 12:56 PM.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Update:

A friend of mine saw the accident. He passed by the area just a few minutes after it occurred. The rider was still trapped between the rear of the truck and the motorcycle. He said he saw the motorcycle entering the highway na pagewang-gewang, an indication of being drunk.

Now I'm having second thoughts if I should still help the family financially. From the words of one of the PAO lawyers and then from this friend who saw the accident, this motorcycle rider really is an accident waiting to happen.
    i can understand your generous intention, boybi, pero kung hindi rin lang naman nabaldado yung rider dahil sa aksidente na to, makakaraos din sila kahit medyo mangailangan ng pera ngayon. . .makakabawi sila from this kahit tulungan mo o hindi

let him feel the lessons from this accident and the inconveniences it brought to him and his family

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Our truck met an accident, did I do the right thing?