New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    In your experience (or knowledge), is online shopping safe? Do online shopping sites really guarantee security when one hands down their credit card number? Thanks po!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I cant remember the last time I was inside the real shopping mall. Baka nawawalan na ko ng social skills ah,

Based on my own experience, I never had any problem regarding secured ordering.

Isa sa mga website na hindi ako umorder eh yung www.riderusa.com. Maganda yung mga sandals nila sa website, and its hard to find some of their styles sa local store. Sabi sa FAQ, secured daw ang connection nila. Nung magbabayad na ko, nag right click ako sa web page, connection type: not encrypted. Wala ding padlock icon sa lower right side and wala ding certificate. Hindi na lang ako umorder.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    I only order from amazon.com medyo kinakabahan pa ako eh.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think amazon.com is pretty safe...
    So far with my purchases online, safe naman lahat. Gaya ng sinabi ni sir Karding, dapat may padlock sa lower right side ng browser mo.

Kung may gusto ka talagang bilhin sa web at di ka sure sa security ng web nila, either use paypal (kaya lang paypal only accept US issued credit card), or send a money order.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung gusto mong makasiguro, apply for a VISA Electron. its an ATM card that acts as a visa credit card. ang credit limit mo dito is kung how much ang balance mo sa ATM account mo. so just deposit the amount that you will need for your online purchase.
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    I've been buying stuff over the Net for several years now. Most of my purchases are audio CDs, although I have also bought books, electronic gadgets, and tools. Not all e-retailers will accept a non-US issued international credit card.....that's the downside.

I don't have the stuff that I bought shipped to Manila. I ask that they be delivered to friends or relatives who can bring them home for me. Otherwise, shipping to Manila may cost you even more than the items that you bought.

Amazon is safe. So is Barnes and Noble. Just make sure that there's that padlock icon at the right bottom corner of your browser screen. That would mean that the transaction will be encrypted and that it would be safe.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    so yung padlock pala is sumthin to look 4. thank you for taking the time to reply guys!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ebay and amazon lang kami nakakapagbili...

pwede bang irequest sa credit card company to *not* increase your credit limit? para at least meron damage control in case your credit card# gets sniffed

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guys, buying from the web makes NO DIFFERENCE from using your CC in a restaurant and bars (highest number of fraud), gas station, etc.

Who's going to stop a waiter or attendant from copyng your card info??? No one...

Online, you have the benefit of NOT having human intervention with the credit card processing, the secure servers sends encrypted data to the CC company and sends back an authorization number for it... It's MUCH MORE SECURE to order from a secure site.

In addition, credit cards are your safest bet in fraud, you will ALWAYS have 30 days to dispute your bill once it arrives, and while in dispute, you're not obligated to pay for it. Try that with money transfer, MO, or check.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    ebay ok din

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Online purchasing/ shopping