New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    For those who have brought their cars from Manila to provinces by land, did you travel without plate numbers? Is it advisable to do this? Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nope... especially since its election time.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Not safe to drive without any plate number due to COMELEC checkpoints, no plate no travel policy, and some hulidap cops along the way. You might also encounter some " Nice People Around" checkpoints especially in Quezon, Bicol, Samar, Leyte, Surigao areas, but they are motorist friendly.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    We done this before,we got out dmax at isuzu pasig then travel it by land from manila to davao. With " FOR REGISTRATION only" plate. As long the papers are complete. We only had problem when we reached davao, The papers i mean travel permit that was given to us by the isuzu was not the original copy.it was a photo copy of it. We fine for about 4000pesos but it was refunded by isuzu. Anyway if its brand new, with complete travel documents and permit i didnt see any problem travelling with your car. But be carefull especially election is fast approaching. I advised you to travel after the election. Marami kasing check point na madadaanan before you reached davao.

Is it ok to drive new car with no plate from Manila to Davao?