New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Nice house for me....

Take the condo as an investment (spring board)...

11.2K:bee:
    Last edited by CVT; November 10th, 2010 at 08:12 AM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Are you kidding, of course nice house!!!

And yes agree ako, I myself don't like condos... Its the land that lays the golden eggs and not the house. If you have a condo you don't own any land, the developer owns the land you just own the room...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post

And yes agree ako, I myself don't like condos... Its the land that lays the golden eggs and not the house. If you have a condo you don't own any land, the developer owns the land you just own the room...
    +1000!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    90% decided na kami on the new condo, i really want a house but the problem is i can't afford one right now that we really want. balak ko kasi pag bumili ako lupa lang tapos patatayuan ko ng sariling design para yung gusto na talaga namin. and yung lupang bibilin syempre sa magandang lugar, maayaos na lugar at gated village na ko bibili para safe lalo na madalas ako mag ibang bansa. i won't be able to afford that now but i can afford the new condo, and pa-rent ko ang current condo ko, after 3-5 years i can sell both condo and buy my own land and build my dream house.

anyway here's the advantage naman of the condo over a house:
    -free pool
    -free gym
    -security guard
    -24 hour maintenance
    -no brown outs
    -easy to maintain but expensive
    -no insects
    -right beside a mall which has everything including grocery store and everything else that we need(big plus for the wife)

ayaw ko na isispin ang mga disadvantage and yes i still prefer a house, but like i said if bibili ako ng bahay yung maganda at gusto ko na talaga para lifetime na yon ang bahay ko hangang sa tumanda na ko. for now condo na lang muna.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO, good decision. Although a house is indeed what you want , the condo is still an appreciating asset versus the car and can help in obtaining your dream house later on whether by selling it or renting it out. Given also it seems to have a convenient location, the wifey will have less trips to take with the car.

Di naman Wil Tower yan.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    not true.. developer doesn't own the land.. the land is owned by the condo corp, and as a unit owner, you own part of the land as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Go and get the condo unit. Next time you can just rent it out or resell it to finance a house and lot.

I'm sure the car can wait, if you really don't want your wife to commute (if I had a wife I would'nt want her to) just get a more affordable and practical car.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    siyempre nice house, natatawa nga ako sa ibang yuppies eh, kumpleto sa mga latest gadgets, ang gaganda ng kotse tapos apartment lang nakatira na wala pang garage.

then 10 yrs to pay yun mga kotse..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir, parang impulse buying yan. Something that you should never do when spending a lot of cash like that. You should do more research. Check out other locations. Check other houses rin.

Problem with condos now is that most people who buy condos ay mga OFWs. So yun swimming pool and other amenities, maraming tumatambay na kamag-anak ng tenant. Tuloy, you would see a jeepney load of people swimming sa pool, parang ginawang Pansol tuloy.

I think that condos would cost 3-4M and specially sa iyo na big na family, you would get a 3 bedroom type. Houses would cost 5-6M. Ask your bank to recompute and see kung kaya pa ng finances mo.

As for the car naman, buy a practical and cheap car muna. Civic for you and Jazz for the wifey. Or go lower with Fiesta for you and I10 for the wifey.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Between the two, nice house definitely. It's a long term investment. You still can't live in your car, even if you're on the road a lot.

As to the condo, for the price of a spacious unit, you can get a house and lot. But then, it's not just real estate size that you're after. That unit is probably in a metropolitan area, close to where you work, where your kids study and basically where your day to day activities are centered. And the house and lot (of the same price range, that is), is probably 10-20 kms away at least, via a paid highway even.

*foresterx,
    Congrats on your purchase. The condo is a good stepping stone for the house and lot. Of course if you could go directly to the house and lot, that would be better, but the condo's not a bad step.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
nice house or nice car?