New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    so here's the story, my original plan was to get rid of my forester so i can buy a new car by december both for me and my wife. my choices for me was the legacy wagon/wrx/hyundai gc, for my wife naman cruze/civic or my forester. pero since subaru isn't selling the legacy wagon and wrx anymore medyo nag dalawang isip na ko, i can't buy the gc because we're about to be a family of 4 na plus yaya. i couldn't think of any other car in that price range that i really want.

fast forward to yesterday, i went to lunch with my friend he's a bank manager, kasama niya isang friend niya who's selling condo units. after we ate lunch we decided to see one of the condo units for sale he wasn't selling it to us we were just curious and wanted to see the place. then i asked him how much it was, biglang humirit friend ko and said that i can afford the house and since i already have the money to buy 2 cars if i use that for the house i don't need to loan that much. so i said ok, see if the bank will approve and i'll ask my wife about it. then this morning tumawag yung friend ko and said that every thing is ready and just waiting for my go signal, ayun pinuntahan agad namin ni wife yung condo para makita niya and she loved the place. kaya pag uwi ko compute ko agad lahat ng expenses namin monthly and how much i have to pay monthly pasok naman lahat sa budget. wala talaga kami plan bumili ng new condo until yesterday.

right now my wife really wants the condo, it's really nice but i'd rather have a house than a condo. the problem is i can't afford a house that we want, we can only afford a small house but the condo is much much better than the houses we can afford right now. i can't decide if i should buy the condo now and have a nice place to stay, or buy a car for the both of us and stay in the same place but medyo masikip na para samin we can't even have visitors dahil maliit ang condo namin ngayon.

i need help, i can't decide what to get! hilong hilo na ko kakaisip. not exactly the condo or a car. if in you're in my place which would you get?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I'd say go for the one na kailangan nyo talaga. Need nyo rin po ba yung car sir? Judging from your story I think you need the condo than the new car.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    hindi naman asset ang condo eh, tignan mo foreigners can own it, but they can't own house and lot as mandated by law. bakit kaya? isip-isip.

kung ako sayo bumili ka na lang ng Hyundai Sta Fe para mapalitan yun Forester mo then buy the small house and lot

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    mas maganda "nice House" if you have enough money to get a new condo

Nice Car - madali lang mabili yan investment wise not as promising as the condo.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    IMO sir you made the mistake of showing her the condo. hehe

if you were to ask me, ill save up and buy the house of your choice. a condo is a condo until they demolish it. a car is a car until it cant bring you from point a to point b. while ang bahay kahit mawala, may lupa pa rin na title. ako kasi i like to rent a condo but not live there as my own.

no offense sa mga condo owners but IMO youre just buying air kasi kung ma-giba... ilan kayo maghahati hati sa lupa? magulo and no where to rebulid. unlike sa bahay, its in your name, land and improvements.

my 2 cents

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikselog View Post
    I'd say go for the one na kailangan nyo talaga. Need nyo rin po ba yung car sir? Judging from your story I think you need the condo than the new car.
    i don't need a new car, more of want a new car but my wife needs one.

*shakatak70: yon nga din sabi ni wife good investment daw since tumataas ang price, while the car bumabagsak ang price. ok lang daw wala muna siya kotse pero sa akin hindi ok mag commute siya lalo na sa panahon ngayon.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    mas maganda "nice House" if you have enough money to get a new condo

Nice Car - madali lang mabili yan investment wise not as promising as the condo.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    IMO sir you made the mistake of showing her the condo. hehe

if you were to ask me, ill save up and buy the house of your choice. a condo is a condo until they demolish it. a car is a car until it cant bring you from point a to point b. while ang bahay kahit mawala, may lupa pa rin na title. ako kasi i like to rent a condo but not live there as my own.

no offense sa mga condo owners but IMO youre just buying air kasi kung ma-giba... ilan kayo maghahati hati sa lupa? magulo and no where to rebulid. unlike sa bahay, its in your name, land and improvements.

my 2 cents
    i agree with this and i was thinking the same thing. yon nga lang right now we need a bigger place.

*gm/jimmyeatworl: isn't it past your bed time?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    suggestion lang sir... if your family needs a bigger space, why not shop around for a house that you can afford to loan rather than the condo? if your budget permits to buy a brand new condo, im sure there is a house for sale that has 3br with maids quarter that you can afford.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    If I'm to decide, I'll buy the condo as an investment and resell it once the price appreciate. By then, I will have more money to afford a house and lot.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
nice house or nice car?