Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Keep your cool in Manila's traffic

On Target
    by Ramon Tulfo
    Posted: 7:18 AM (Manila Time) | Jan. 16, 2003
    Inquirer News Service

IF you can avoid it, don't get into an argument over a traffic incident in the streets of Metro Manila.

Keep calm and don't raise your voice on the other guy involved in the traffic incident, especially if you sense that the guy is armed.

Tempers flare and violence may erupt during a traffic incident.

Jose Luis R. Llamas, a promising Ateneo law graduate, was one of countless victims of traffic altercations. A La Salle graduate was shot dead in Greenhills a couple of years ago over a traffic altercation.

If your differences with the other fellow over traffic are minor, let him go. Make your insurance company pay for the damage wrought by the other fellow.

Forget your ego and don't argue.

Believe me, it's easier said than done. I myself am hotheaded. I wouldn't want to lose an argument over traffic especially if I knew that the other fellow was at fault.

But I'm now trying my best to keep cool in Metro Manila's irritating traffic jam.

I've had a bitter experience over a traffic situation and have learned from it.

While I was crossing an intersection in Makati some years ago, a speeding taxicab screeched to a halt and missed my car by a few inches.

I had the right of way because the traffic enforcer gave me the signal to cross while he motioned the cars traversing the other side of the intersection to stop.

I was so shaken by the incident that I got down from my car and confronted the driver.

One word led to another. I sensed that the cabbie, who was reeking of liquor, was about to make a move to strike me. Instinctively, I struck him first.

I paid dearly for that mistake. I had to settle with the driver out of court because I would surely be convicted. I paid him a big sum so he would no longer pursue the slight physical injuries case against me.

In a traffic altercation that results in violence, you kill or hurt the other fellow, or the other fellow hurts or kills you. Either way, you lose.

So, cool ka lang!
    [/url]

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    aha! sana mabasa ng mister ko yan, very nice!

No.1 na di nagpapatalo un sa road, laging umiinit ang ulo kapag may aanga-anga sa daanan. :roll:

peace :mrgreen:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ako din mainit ulo sa kalsada, pero lately, nacocontrol ko na hehe :mrgreen:

no point din kasi wasting your time on that eh.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sana nga lahat tayo laging COOL para wala ng sumunod na barilan heheheh.. Minsan talagang napaka hirap iwasan ang ganyan. lalo na pag alam mo na sobrang mali sya tapos nakaka lalake pa uhh kaka gigil

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dati maiinitin din ulo ko pero sa mga nababasa ko at nababalitaan dun ako natatakot baka mangyari sa akin kaya ako ayaw ko bumili ng baril baka magamit sa di maganda pag maiinit na ulo mo.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    www.pbase.com/theveed/hate_traffic

ako pinipicturan ko nalang... not worth wasting my voice on those lowlife...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nice collection theveed!!! :lol:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dapat yata sa panahon ngayon, pag nabangga ka at kailangan mo bumaba itaas mo na dalawang kamay mo kagad. he..he..he..:mrgreen:

Dapat talaga keep cool, problem lang easier said than done.:|

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    pansin ko lang sir theveed mukhang lagi mong dala ang digicam mo ah..:P

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon275
    dapat yata sa panahon ngayon, pag nabangga ka at kailangan mo bumaba itaas mo na dalawang kamay mo kagad. he..he..he..:mrgreen:

Dapat talaga keep cool, problem lang easier said than done.:|
    hehehehehe ayos yan! :lol:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Nice Article by Ramon Tulfo