New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Hindi ko alam kung scam to or way lang yo get a contact or parang tactics to get a customer.

Here is the scenario, someone will call our landline and knows the whole name of my wife. And he asked "this is from family medical card etc. We'd like to know the decision of miss (wife name)."

And I'm like "sabihin ko na lang po sa kanya". Sinabi ko sa wife ko and she was clueless kung ano yun. So the next day "family medical card" called again and asked for the "decision" of my wife. And since di ko alam sabi ko walang sinabi. So he asked for my wife's mobile number. Then I asked my wife "tumawag ba sa yo?" wala daw tumawag.

Tactic lang ba to? To get a mobile number? Medyo worried ako na someone out there knows the whole name of my wife with her landline and mobile number, ewan ko kung ano pa alam nya sa wife ko. Im afraid na baka identity theft ito.

Btw, same thing happened same landline but for my father in law who's next door. And same thing "ano po decision ni sir". Which makes me think tactic lang ang "ano po decision ni sir" para you won't dismiss it's marketing right away.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Some similar incident may tumawag din sa house looking for my mother. It's for her medical id/card which I was really clueless so I answered na "wala po siya dito. Tawag nalang ulit kayo." But she still insist and ask me favor to write down card id number so I did. Then I asked if it's ok na pero nagtanong pa siya for my mother'a mobile number pero binigay ko landline (cp pa rin) and we're done. I then called mother and asked if she got any call from this medical card blah blah pero wala daw siya alam tungkol dun at hindi siya nag inquire, napagalitan pa ko ng dahil sa punyemas na caller na yun!

So, yeah no doubt it's a scam! Lesson learned just tell them "tawag nalang ho ulit kayo mamaya" or I-block nyo nalang sila.

Sent from whatever device I got my hands on via Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    The golden rule is to be wary of phone calls asking for personal info like cellphone number, full names, etc. and also asking the full name of the caller and the company he's with might also help mitigate the risk.

Since this is a scam thread, might as well mention that SWA pyramiding scam i've been seeing in facebook.
    Can't stand these guys, really. :nono:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    sa kung paano nakakakuha ng pangalan,full name,pwedeng nabili nila ito sa pldt,very common yang practice na yan..lalo na sa telemarketing industry

anyways,best rule e pag wala naman kayong inaplyan or di kayo familiar sa organization,dismiss the call,kahit anu pang pangungulit nila,never give out any information as well,

i think ung tumatawag sa inyo e lead generation team,
    ung me existing names na ng landlines and name,,tapos kukunin ung cellphone and maybe verify or ask for your address,tapos bebenta nila sa iba,

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by greatauror28 View Post
    The golden rule is to be wary of phone calls asking for personal info like cellphone number, full names, etc. and also asking the full name of the caller and the company he's with might also help mitigate the risk.

Since this is a scam thread, might as well mention that SWA pyramiding scam i've been seeing in facebook.
    I've never heard of them or know anyone who's with them. I took a look at their facebook page just now and I don't really understand if they're even selling anything other than an idea. Oh boy... these things always end up badly.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    think of all the application forms you filled up in the past

you gave companies your full name, address, contact numbers...

companies sell your info

that's how telemarketers know your full name, address, etc

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Maraming paraan para makakuha ng contact details isa din yung mga raffle tickets na may address at contact numbers. Sa food court sa main duty free shop meron dun mga namimigay ng raffle ticket kuno pero di ko pinapatulan dahil sa mga ganito.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by greatauror28 View Post

pansin ko nga din yan, lalo na yung mga nasa facebook page ka tapos ang ganda ng comment/usapan biglang may sisingit na post starting with "Permission to post..."

9. Join Date
    Jan 2014

to play safe at confuse ka, wag mo nalang bigay detail ng family mo. instead sila ang counter mo. sila ang kunan mo na lahat ng details at number at the end na tumawag sayo isa lang sabihin mo na wala yung mga amo mo para malaman mo kung anu ang nekz planu nila. kapag natunugan naman nila na sinasakyan mo sila sa gusto nila jan mo malalaman kung totoo nga yaan o totoong manloloko, maganda yaan para mapa set up mo sila at ma huli sa entrapment.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bakit kailangan pa counter-counter? bagsakan niyo na agad ng phone eh di tapos...kung alam niyo na wala kayong business sa tumawag eh..ibaba niyo na
    Last edited by shadow; March 7th, 2014 at 06:05 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
New scam/modus/tactics ba to?