New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I just read this from Inquirer.net and thought of posting it here too to expand the search for donor.

[SIZE="3"]1 year-old Erin needs liver transplant[/SIZE]

Inquirer
    Last updated 02:06am (Mla time) 06/23/2007

MANILA, Philippines – Serene Isabel “Erin” Pasimio is not your usual patient in need of a liver donor.

The daughter of Francis Robert “Sonny” Pasimio of 15 Moscow Street, Eastville Filinvest, Antipolo City, is only a year old, too young to undergo surgery.

But if a liver transplant is her only hope to survive and live a normal life, her father, an AB Economics graduate of the Ateneo University, is willing to take the risk.

“The doctors feel that the surgery should happen as soon as possible to give her a chance,” Pasimio said in his e-mail to the Inquirer.

The donor must be below 50 years old, with no infection or disease if terminally ill or brain-dead and the blood type must be “A” positive or “O,” according to Pasimio, who wrote about his daughter’s ordeal in this newspaper’s Young Blood column last year.

At the time, the baby was only two months old. A KASAI procedure was done on her in the hope it would delay the need for a liver transplant.

Erin has been at the University of Santo Tomas Hospital in Manila for a month now and will be transferred to the National Kidney Transplant Institute (NKTI) once a liver donor is found.

For those who want to help, please call Sonny at 0918-908-0652. Santiago R. Alcantara

-----------------

You may read it here.

:coffee: [SIZE="1"]3051[/SIZE]
    Last edited by j_avonni; June 23rd, 2007 at 08:01 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nakakalungkot. Lately, we've been reading a lot of kids being born with that kind of liver defect i.e. biliary atresia.
    Balita ko kasi this beautiful angel, Erin, is already all yellow in color and her eyes are bulging out na due to toxins in her body. She undergoes daily blood transfusion to rid her body of the toxins that the liver is unable to flush out. Its heartbreaking for a Dad like me to read about these things. I pray for divine intervention for Erin. Small chance but maybe there will be someone out there terminally ill in an ICU room or an ER who, by divine guidance, would leave his/her liver to Erin and all shall be well. Believe in miracles. You are one.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    good luck sa kanya. a good friend of mine was just blessed with a miracle this weekend. her husband finally received the liver that he desperately needed - a great thing because everyone wasn't expecting him to live until the end of the week.

may God bless both of them :pope:

In Need of a Liver Donor