New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    guys,
    i need some advise. i am contemplating of selling my car. the car is generally in good condition considering that it is an old school car. >> Mitsubishi Colt Mirage '83.

heto pics nya >> http://www.pbase.com/ped178/inbox

makinis pa naman yung body at maganda yung paint job (anzahl), pero meron na din mga kalawang yung mga gilid at labi. now, i am having repetitive thoughts whether to sell this car or not, coz the engine's condition is very good pa naman, lintek mag accelerate, can easily reach 100-120 kph and you will be surprised coz i can even push it to 140 at meron pa din ibibigay. takot lang ako pag sobra na tulin kasi baka di na ko ipreno (minsan minsan lang ito ginagawa).

now ito yung mga iniisip kong downside nya.

1) 2 door sya (pamilyado na ko)
    2) if ipa-body repair ko, gusto ko kasi strip/scrape to metal. = ibig sabihin, GASTOS.
    3) 2 sasakyan ko. at hirap ako magmaintain. ano sa palagay nyo, benta ko na lang ba o imaintain ko na lang... please give me some points to think about. if ever i would sell it, how much would you think this car would go for??

thanks.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Don't sell your car. I once had a 1980 honda civic that I sold because I was runninng out of money to build it up. I wish I would have kept it and just continued the project.

Your car looks good and a rust repair is not hard to do. Just do that now to stop further rusting. Then when you get more cash get the scrape to metal paint job.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    something really that hinders me from selling the car is the fact that it is ever reliable. honestly di pa ko itinirik nito sa daan except of course with a flat tire. maintenance wise kasi kahit di pa talaga sira ang isang part, pag medyo may edad na o naabot na yung recommended na service life, palit na ako. ang inaalala ko lang kasi baka pag nagpa-rust repair ako eh.. tumuluy-tuloy na hanggang sa lumaki yung magagastos ko. yung kaopisina ko kasi nagpa repair supposedly by section lang . pero nung ginagawa na, eh tuwing may part na aayusin eh dumadami yung nakikita na apektadong lugar. he ended up changing the whole flooring nung sasakyan nya and other neighboring parts nung body.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    If I were you, don't sell it. You got a good car & you might regret it when time comes.

If you got some time, try attending the Old School Club & you'll be surprise how this guy's preserved their loving car's.

hth

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    I agree with peter don't sell your car you might regret it..Ganda ng engine mo especially those stainless headers...Ano gamit mo na springs?
    I also have a old skul car and I modified it...it is a suzuki fronte..My car is difficult to get parts coz I get parts in banawe but some of my parts are already hard to find...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    *peter and gearspeed, tks for the inputs. dami na ko kakampi...hehehhe.. yung misis ko kasi talaga ang may gusto ibenta yung car. as for the springs, i dont know what brand of springs were installed. galing kasi yun dun sa boss ko na meron dating mirage. since old skul ito, wala atang available na aftermarket springs ito kaya init at putol ito. binalak ko ibalik yung stock springs pero mas maganda tingnan yung mababa. lagi nga lang ako sayad sa malalaking humps pag puno ako ng passengers.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Juno,

Don't sell...I believe ok pa ang condition ng car mo....unless pinapabayaan mo iyan sa ulan and araw, you'll have no problem sa kalawang nyan.

Tell tale signs ng bulok na body ay nagbubble na ang paint....pag ganyan, malalim yan na rust malamang.

My project car na starlet have a rusted bucket....halos palit siguro ang 50%....I estimate 50,000 na body works....paint would probably be another 30,000 at least....but I don't intend to sell it.

Yung sa iyo, okay pa na gawing pamana sa anak mo....sayang ibenta yan.

As for your wife....teach her to drive...she can have that for her daily drive car...pang hatid sundo ng school kids.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    *wild, yes meron na din mga parts na may bubbles especially the right rear wheel area. unfortunately, dito ako sa pier area nagwowork and though alagang alaga ko ito, di maiwasan na mas mabilis ang rusting nya coz of the air at this part of manila eh may "alat" at mas nag iinvite ng rust. nalungkot nga yung panganay ko when i mentioned about the plan to sell. he was really eyeing for that one.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kaya nga don't sell it....it is a nice hand-me-down car. Most worst rusting comes from underneath the car so the bubling could easily be solve.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    a slightly different opinion here - i love fully restored older cars, but it is often a huge PITA to get them into that condition.

especially the rusting - that concerns me. you might find that you will spend more than the car is worth just to get rid of it throughout the car and get a fresh paint job.

but i can certainly understand the sentimental value argument, and if a car is old, you'll find that the value you get out of it is far more than the money you'll make from selling it

finally, your car is definitely very unique - i can honestly say that i've never seen another car like it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Need advise: RE Old skul car