New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nature vs. nurture yan
    its always a mix of both.

3rd gen din ako pero since wala kaming family biz because my parents were more of the corporate type instead, im on that road din. but if an opportunity arises, baka ako maging baging 'first gen' ng pamilya hehehe

may bookie din kami sa dating office ko, ayun sila sila lang ng mga kabarkada nya nagpupustahan, which is funny really kasi parang niloloko mo mga kaibigan mo e. the odds are always in your favor.

buti van at nakawala ka rin sa quicksand na yon, i know some people na pati pamilya nasira dahil sa pustahan (nba or otherwise).

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    The tragedy of the Filipino-Chinese community is that it's managed to raise a generation of kids who know nothing but money and have neither the conscience nor the wits to make something good out of it
    buti nalang poor kami!

sa mga fil chi lang ba nangyayari ang ganito? i'm pretty sure there are similar stories from rich families of other races - pinoy, spanish, whites, blacks. it's not a question of race, nasa upbringing ng mga bata yan.
    Last edited by badkuk; April 10th, 2006 at 05:32 PM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter
    dunno about your generalization.

I am a fil-chi from one of those "posh" subdivisions ... my wife is a fil-chi from binondo. Somehow we can get along with each other's lifestyle & background.

My being brought up in a "posh" subdivision is not a fault what-so-ever nor should it be anyone else's fault. It is part of a parent's wish for their children to have a best of whatever they can provide for their children. May it spoil the child or not, do not generalize too much.

I personally know the girl's family and they aren't really that rich. They had their share of financial problems were they had to sell their house, etc to pay their expenses. It is only in recent years that they were able to get a bit ahead in their finances (since all the kids had graduated & had a job).
    i said MOSTLY

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I agree too :big grin:

I've heard that most of Fil-Chi in Chinatown. kasama nila yung mga anak nila sa papapatakbo ng negosyo nila..Even in banawe..

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    yes mostly mga filchi parents sa chinatown pinapatulong mga anak sa negosyo after school (college) para iwas bisyo na rin at makatulong sa family biz kahit ubod ng yaman ang parents

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    blu bimmer
    again, don't generalize para wala tayo mabangga. unless alam mo na for sure na ganun yung ugali ng fil-chi na tinutukoy mo, don't say anything. peace....

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk
    sa mga fil chi lang ba nangyayari ang ganito? i'm pretty sure there are similar stories from rich families of other races - pinoy, spanish, whites, blacks. it's not a question of race, nasa upbringing ng mga bata yan.
    that is a point that seems to be overshadowed by something else (racial discrimination maybe?)...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    yes mostly mga filchi parents sa chinatown pinapatulong mga anak sa negosyo after school (college) para iwas bisyo na rin at makatulong sa family biz kahit ubod ng yaman ang parents
    The reason why parent want their children to work in their business (even if temporary) is to help them gain experience in handling a business. The parents can give lessons/pointers to the children to make learning faster. This is a learning experience you generally CANNOT get in a corporate environment. I do not find anything wrong with this.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    i personally know 2 filchi families na ganyan, one of the family has a very wealthy brother living in GH (owner of an appliance brand), and he doesnt go along well with his 2 elder brothers n a sister who live in chinatown. kapag may family get together hindi pumupunta ang taga chinatown, only the sister keeps a fairly neutral relationship with him. nagkaroon ng gap just because they have different lifestyles, even their children do not mingle with one another.

of course thats just 2 families i know, thats why i said MOSTLY.

there are others who are the exact opposite of this.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Pu**y
    I agree too :big grin:

I've heard that most of Fil-Chi in Chinatown. kasama nila yung mga anak nila sa papapatakbo ng negosyo nila..Even in banawe..
    not all... my wife did help out in their family store when she was young. But once she graduated, she got a job in a multinational company.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
My Sassy Kidnapper (The Corinthians Caper)