New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    parang dumb and dumber
    dumb and dumb blonde

minsan kasalanan din ng parents yan, spood fed yung mga anak nila, they did'nt make them earn what they have puro bigay.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    may pressure din kasi eh... here is a theory, base on my own experience din...

look at their situation... their parents are big time, but they are not... parang ganito... your grandparents are wealthy, your parents are rich... but it doesnt mean you are also... you are still poor, dependent on your allowance, although you have money, you dont have unlimited access to their wealth and money.

since the family is rich/wealthy, you have seen the best the world could offer, you know amanpulo, you have seen the latest porsche, you have been to the best places... for you sobrang dali magisip ng pag-gastusan pero hindi pagkakitaan...

since you want the best things in life, you want the best chicks (who spends a lot and too expensive to maintain), want to be better than your parents, grandparents, and ancestors (pressure on the so-called 'improvement of the race/family) you are pressured to outperform them... sa sobrang haba ng pila ng gastos mo and pressure to become richer and wealthier, the only way is to earn faster than them in order to overtake, kasi lagged ka na nga dba?

and what is the perceived easiest way to earn money by youngsters? gambling!

first bookies would entice you by showing-off their bentleys, lavish spending, their new gadgets, their chicks, etc... then maiisip mo na doon nila nakuha yun pera, if they can do it, therefore kaya mo rin! pero sa totoo ikaw yun peperahan...

at first mananalo ka lalo na kung 1,000 to 10,000 per day ka pa lang, which means, new phone, new LV bag for your girl... lotsa money... pero after ilan weeks kung kailan addicted ka na, 10,000 - 50,000 per game ka na... dun ka na yayariin, and no thanks to the tip of your friend na always double the bet (kung talo ka ng 10,000 ngayon, dapat at least 20,000 bet mo tomrw para bawiin mo talo mo plus kita mo)... so start ka sunday night by texting the bookie for your monday bets...

monday you'll lose 10,000... tuesday you make it 10,000 for 3 games... odds are you lose 2 games, win 1 game... so down ka additional 20k, up ng 9,000 (10,000 cut if panalo ka)... so -10k + -20k + 9k, talo ka pa ng 21k... on wednesday you'll bet even more... 10k each on 5 games na no thanks to your classmates' buyo... since pressured ka na more chances of losing or picking the wrong team... before you know it, on saturday you are betting 50-100k per game on 7 games... tsk tsk...

i remember 2-years ago, every saturday is 'the day'... 7games, more chances of betting, more chances for you to win, but in reality... more chances of losing money...

3 years ago i almost went bankrupt sa NBA, i know a lot of guys who sold their cars, phones, etc and even some yun kita ng business sa NBA napunta... its very addicting talaga... kasalanan ng parents? i dont think so... the parents and the school dont even know or have a clue... the victims of these circumstances are more often than not, kids na mayroon high expectations sa kanila ang society... totoo maraming rich brats, pero marami yun pressured lang din... yun mga publicized yun mga sa rich brats kasi scandalous, yun sa iba hindi... they would find a way not to destroy their reputation, so they would find a different way...

if nasa NBA kayo ngayon, bet on game1 sa finals, if panalo ka stop while you are UP... if you lose, simply cut your losses... game2 to 7 usually sobrang high stakes and losing streak... i always lose during the end or regular season and NBA finals... tsk tsk... would never bet again sa NBA... maslalo naman hindi ako gagawa ng masama...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    parang dumb and dumber
    dumb and dumb blonde
    The Bubu and the Boba

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    too much spoonfeeding has deteriorated the brain hehe

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i hate to generalize. me coming and growing up in binondo. fil-chis from here look differently at fil-chi from xavier and ICA, but like i said, bad mag generalize, im sure a lot of fil chi from xavier n ica ay misisipag din, i hope you guys dont stereotype mga 3rd gen fil chi as rich spoiled brats. am sure iilan lang mga yan. dont let a few rotten apples spoil the whole bunch.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    yep mostly iba mga filchi sa chinatown sa filchi from those posh subdivisions, San Juan, GH etc.

sa chinatown kahit super yaman ang isang filchi e matipid pa rin

hehe I agree :D

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    yep mostly iba mga filchi sa chinatown sa filchi from those posh subdivisions, San Juan, GH etc.

sa chinatown kahit super yaman ang isang filchi e matipid pa rin

dunno about your generalization.

I am a fil-chi from one of those "posh" subdivisions ... my wife is a fil-chi from binondo. Somehow we can get along with each other's lifestyle & background.

My being brought up in a "posh" subdivision is not a fault what-so-ever nor should it be anyone else's fault. It is part of a parent's wish for their children to have a best of whatever they can provide for their children. May it spoil the child or not, do not generalize too much.

I personally know the girl's family and they aren't really that rich. They had their share of financial problems were they had to sell their house, etc to pay their expenses. It is only in recent years that they were able to get a bit ahead in their finances (since all the kids had graduated & had a job).

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    van wilder thanks sa explanation...

ganun pala yun....

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
My Sassy Kidnapper (The Corinthians Caper)