New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I got to watch this movie over the weekend.

Honestly its pretty much overhyped. The action in this action movie is pretty good but it's has some stupid or "just wrong" moments.

Some of those moments:

-special forces do NOT use sub-machine gun in full auto-mode when dealing with the enemy/terrorists. They shoot in two or three round bursts!

-How come in the same scene where the entire "expendable" mercenary force used full auto machine guns, only the bad guys in front got killed and none of the other bad guys directly behind them got hit, not even a flesh wound?

-In the scene where Stallone released the aviation fuel from the plane and Statham fired a flare to ignite it, why did the flames stopped at the end of the dock and didn't follow the trail of fuel still pouring out of the plane? Couldn't they edit it either either by making the flames partially followed the fuel trail or painting it over so it looked like the plane stopped pouring fuel after it left the dock?

-Too much damned freaking close ups.

-Action scene cuts not as good as one would expect, except for Jet Li's fight scene vs Lundgren in the warehouse/factory.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    [SIZE=3]BRUCE WILLIS[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Age: [/SIZE][SIZE=3]55[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Year of First Film Appearance: 1982[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Number of Oscar Nominations: 0[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Total Domestic BO Gross: $2,638,266,221[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]In 2006, Bruce Willis was named an Officier Dans L'ordre Des Arts Et Des Lettres (Officer in the Order of Arts and Letters) by the Minister of Culture of France, who said Willis "represents the force of American cinema."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]SYLVESTER STALLONE[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Age: [/SIZE][SIZE=3]64[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Year of First Film Appearance: 1970[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Number of Oscar Nominations: 2[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Total Domestic BO Gross: $1,639,909,420[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Sly was nominated for both the Best Writer and Best Actor Oscar for the same movie -- "[/SIZE][SIZE=3]Rocky[/SIZE][SIZE=3]." Up to that point, only two other people managed to do that -- Orson Welles and Charlie Chaplin.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Age: [/SIZE][SIZE=3]63[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Year of First Film Appearance: 1976[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Total Domestic BO Gross: $1,621,940,362[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Arnold Schwarzenegger won the 1967 Munich stone-lifting contest, picking up a 560 lbs. rock while standing on two footrests. It's a part of the city's annual Starkbierzeit ("strong beer time") festival.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]MICKEY ROURKE[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Age: [/SIZE][SIZE=3]57[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Year of First Film Appearance: 1979[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Number of Oscar Nominations: 1[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Total Domestic BO Gross: $641,360,414[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Mickey Rourke turned down the part of Butch the boxer in "[/SIZE][SIZE=3]Pulp Fiction[/SIZE][SIZE=3]" that eventually went to fellow "Expendables" star Bruce Willis. They later both appeared in "[/SIZE][SIZE=3]Sin City[/SIZE][SIZE=3]."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]JET LI[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Age: [/SIZE][SIZE=3]47[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Year of First Film Appearance: 1982[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Total Domestic BO Gross: $594,449,348[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]As a member of the Chinese National Wushu Team, Jet Li (who was only 11 at the time) performed martial arts for then President Richard Nixon on the White House lawn.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]JASON STATHAM[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Age: [/SIZE][SIZE=3]37[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Year of First Film Appearance: 1998[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Total Domestic BO Gross: $461,544,289[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Jason Statham spent over a decade on the British national diving team, and he placed 12th in platform diving at the 1992 World Championships.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]DOLPH LUNDGREN[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Age: [/SIZE][SIZE=3]52[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Year of First Film Appearance: 1985[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Total Domestic BO Gross: $276,623,301[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Dolph Lundgren has a master's degree in chemical engineering, was a Fulbright scholar at M.I.T., speaks seven languages, was an elite marine ranger in the Swedish military, and is a third degree black belt in Kyokushin karate.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Age: [/SIZE][SIZE=3]45[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Year of First Film Appearance: 2005[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Total Domestic BO Gross: $165,491,166[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Steve Austin (originally his wrestling handle, but now his legal name) was declared to be the most popular superstar in WWE history -- even above Hulk Hogan -- by owner Vince McMahon.[/SIZE]

Impressive Dolph Lundgren.

:police:

:gun:
    Last edited by Taurus; August 18th, 2010 at 02:41 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    andyan din si governor sa movie?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyeatworld View Post
    andyan din si governor sa movie?
    yup... but only in a cameo.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Is the movie good enough to warrant spending of at least 300petot, me and wifey watching. Or do i just go to my suking manong dbd and spend 50petot.

Kse i think that the movie just wows the audience with flashy cast and action scenes but lack movie substance.

To the ones who already watched, is the movie worth it or did you want your time and money back?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    piece of crap movie IMHO. Better see Salt than this.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhandros View Post
    Is the movie good enough to warrant spending of at least 300petot, me and wifey watching. Or do i just go to my suking manong dbd and spend 50petot.

Kse i think that the movie just wows the audience with flashy cast and action scenes but lack movie substance.

To the ones who already watched, is the movie worth it or did you want your time and money back?
    The movie is entertaining. The story line is simple. No twist of any kind. It is a straight forward action, no nonsense movie. You can basically predict the ending. If you are to watch it in the movies... I don't think you would demand for your money back... that is if you like action movies.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    it's a good movie for me shallow but very entertaining! sa sobrang stress ko last week, i needed it.

i hope stallone et al makes a sequel

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok, good enough review...i hope this runs up to the weekend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Movie: The EXPENDABLES