New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    The last driver we got, we paid him P12k/month kasi hindi naman stay in and he was not permanent since we only need him for the duration of my Mom and Auntie's stay here in Manila (3 to 4 mos) Hindi kasama sa usapan food pero he's given a small amount for lunch/merienda. Monday to Friday lang 8 hrs/day.

Ako kasi talaga ang original family driver
    pagkailangan nyo ulit nang driver... pwde ako ha.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Agree!!! Kahit yung personal ride ko at pati si B13 warcar namin, ayaw namin ipa-drive sa driver as much as possible. .
    My Dad also does not want his cars driven by anyone else. He had the benefit of a personal driver when he was still working but he chose not to avail of it. My Dad says we each have our driving style that the car adapts to kasi We were all taught to drive early, my kuya at 11 or 12, and myself at 16. My Mom was also drives so we had no need for a family driver.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

If he stays with you for a good number of months,- then he is covered by the Kasambahay Law....

19.8K:sailor:

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    ^^^

family driver na 2-3 hours mag ready bago pwede umalis
    That's the trade off. I don't get paid for my service anyway

gone are the days when maids and drivers would stay with you all their lives
    That is so true. We're lucky our generation got to experience that kind of loyalty.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    C4U, bakit hinde ka na lang pumunta ng US? baka doon mo makita yun mapapangasawa mo? you're made for a foreigner

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    gone are the days when maids and drivers would stay with you all their lives
    I miss those days (all our househelp from that era are old and retired). For them, basta makapag-aral yung anak nila and they have their house + lot in the province, they're happy already.

Nagyon, panay cellphone at BF/GF ang inaatupag. Minsan pag open ko ng Ipad, aba nagtaka ako ba't may ibang email addy sa FB log-on, ginamit ng yaya, nakuha pala yung password from my pamangkin.

Even if everyone in the family drives, it becomes a different story when you have kids going to school and elderly parents or relatives to care for.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Shadow, alam mo naman ang dahilan kung bakit hindi pa pwede And besides, I don't tailor my life just as so I could get married.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Shadow, alam mo naman ang dahilan kung bakit hindi pa pwede And besides, I don't tailor my life just as so I could get married.
    ah..tama yun hula ko?

sorry fof the OT

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Even if everyone in the family drives, it becomes a different story when you have kids going to school and elderly parents or relatives to care for.
    That's my problem now that my Mom is older. I don't let her drive anymore. But it really is hard to get a good driver nowadays.

I am also surprised that there are drivers now that only drive AT, dapat ata hindi driver tawag dun I thought my Kuya's driver was a rareity for only driving AT but recently we got to hire another driver that had a hard time driving manual. Needless to say, hindi na namin siya kinuha for regular driving.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Yung mga long-time driver na kilala ko, at least 12K na nakukuha. Plus may mga perks pa (service motor bike for errands and going home if hindi stay in, groceries, etc.). Hirap na rin to find a good driver nowadays actually.
    Mag 2 years pa lang sa amin bro e, balak ko sana taasan ng sweldo kaso sinabi niya hindi na raw siya masaya sa amin...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Monthly Salary of Family Driver