New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    asking for a friend, im asking in many forums actually..

my friend is separated from her husband for 6 years already, but with no legal documents, separation/anullment has not been filed. they've just decided to call it quits on their own. now she plans to migrate to canada, (or USA, australia) just anywhere to start a new life. she's wondering if she should apply as single or as married, considering she has no documents regarding the latter..

anybody have any ideas? or possibly have gone through this situation?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    no expert but i think she is still married

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    No documents? Please explain. If they're married, they should have documents at the NSO.

If somebody finds out the truth, this will be fraud. They should have it officially annulled first.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yes she is still married pending court order dissolving the marriage.

5. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    yes she is still legally married, and she has no intention to hide that. she just doesnt have the documents proving they have separated already. if she applies as married, im sure her husband will not cooperate, maybe even hinder her application.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Ah, so they don't have any documents indicating their separation. In that case, they're still married by law.

She will have a harder time convincing the judge that she is already single when it states that she is still married, than convincing her husband to sign the annulment papers.

7. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    mbeige > may judge pang involved when applying for visa sa canada?? going through the very long and expensive process of anullment is not an option for her. she doesnt have the money for this..

my friend is hoping that canada (and other countries) would be liberal when they consider applications. if she says she's single, then maybe they won't require her to prove it.. unlike if you're married, you need to show marriage certificate, etc..

anybody know where she can go to get legal advice on this? maybe immigration experts?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Sorry I meant yung consul officer or whoever is going to approve her application.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Lie to a consult, never a good idea hehe.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    dapat may batas na kung may ilang taon na kayong nde nagsasama ng asawa mo eh dapat considered na divorced or wala nang bisa yung kasal nyo ..wala pa bang law na ganyan.. gaya nyan ang hirap diba?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
migrating to canada