New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    How old were you when you moved to the US as an adult?

I am avoiding CA. I want the least amount of Filipinos possible. Even at work, I mix in better with Caucasians.
    MD Cathy, maganda... You will love the Spring and Fall.... And hate the other two...

Doon ako seriously nag-isip na mag TNT dati....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm in the same dilemma. My Mom wants me to migrate to the US but I am not 100% on it. I've been delaying this for several months already.

There's a part of me that wants to leave for the following reasons:

1. Clean slate in life. New job, friends, atmosphere etc

2. Get away from my dad's family (too much drama)

3. I'm tired of living in a third world country. Our government is embarrassing and the people who run it are disgusting, services are CRAP - internet is slowest in Asia ata, laws are PRO manufacturers and not customers, services such as acquiring DL, passport, SSS etc are hellish, lack of culture (music, film and theatre etc)

4. Potential to earn more. I have friends who were able to purchase cars and homes in less than 5 yrs. I've been working for 8 yrs now and I can't even afford to buy a car or property. I also can't afford to rent a condo :P

5. Health care services. US has sophisticated health care facilities and medical services. Back in the early 2000s, I wanted to wear contacts, apparently my pupils are larger than average so I needed to have my pupils measured and order customized contacts. My Aunt said this is common in the US. Dito sa Pilipinas WALA. The eye institute where I go supposedly has the most sophisticated facilities in the country but they can't even do what it common in the US. Another one was when my dachshund had a spinal injury, her vet told me that there is no facility in the Philippines that can repair spinal injuries. I searched US forums and this is also common there. When my Mom got sick she was in the US and they were able to save her. My Uncle had the same condition, money was not an issue for them but he did not survive.

6. Most of my friends have migrated abroad. My childhood best friend also has plans of moving to the US.

7. My heartbreak. Maybe there I can forget. Saka mas maraming "perfect" sa US hahaha! J/K.

8. I will always be a second class citizen

The reasons I want to stay

1. My family. This is the MAJOR factor. I have a "second mom" who took care of me since I was a baby. I can't just leave her but I don't know how I can take her to the US. I have never been away from her in my entire life (except for vacation) I've been away from my parents for months at a time but NEVER with her. I also don't know how I will be able to bring my fat lab in the US. I don't want her in the cargo of the plane for 12 hrs or so. My Lola is 90, although we have our differences sometimes, I think she will not be happy if I left for abroad.

2. My job. I like what I am doing. The pay isn't much but I can buy what I want. I have the best bosses anyone could ever ask for. I can pretty much get away with murder at work. I am given exceptions. I can come in anytime I like. They give way to me (little things such as getting the best seat - corner window area). They are lenient with me when it comes to my attendance. I get affirmation from my bosses a lot. My friends at work told me I will have a very hard time if I transferred work because the things I can get away with in my current job can never happen in another company. But the trade off is the low pay. I am far from a 6 digit salary. Most of my contemporaries are earning probably at the 250k mark.

3. I don't like change. I stick to where I am comfortable and familiar with that's why I stayed in the same school, job and friends.

If you had the chance, would you leave?
    I would at least explore the chance of moving outside your comfort zone just because of items 2 and 3 under the stay list. Lalo na na wala ka pang commitments like your own family/kids etc.

We did that 10 years ago, granted that it wasn't in the US (Singapore). Eventually, we decided to come back here because of reason #1 in your stay list.

I know medyo oxymoronic siya, but it turned out for the best since we became very independent and had no one else to rely on but ourselves in a country with zero familiar faces or family members.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    you are still single, now is the perfect time for you to migrate..

it will be hard pag may family ka na..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't know what's your immigration circumstances but if you're decided, do it now! Hinde rin ganun kabilis makapunta agad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    cs...lets go go go

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    to share.. i have a friend.. nag migrate lahat nang siblings and parents nya.. naiwan sya 15 years ago kasi maaga sya nag asawa.. then last year lumabas na yung papers nilang family.. ilang months sila nag isip.. 2 anak nila, parehong babae.. isang junior high and isang grade 7.. maganda work nang wife nya dito.. sya naman ok din sa bank.. nag resign na sya and may nakuhang money as he had almost 20 years of service sa bank.. they're in their mid 40s na.. they debated and turned out mas mahihirapan sila don to start from scratch.. in the end.. hindi din sila tumuloy..

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Now?

Nah, too much to lose here.

Am too old to start over.

Vacation nalang, pwede pa.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Immigrant Visa. I think green card a few weeks after I arrive.

Last year pa yung letter ko from the National Visa Center pero dinelay ko ng delay :P Di ko inaasikaso yung mga requirements

Another reason I want to migrate to the US is to get a US Passport. Feeling ko kasi discriminated ang PH passport. At least with a US passport I can travel pretty much anywhere without the need to apply for a VISA. When I get my US passport after 5 years, I can go back to the PH again :P Pero parang ang tagal ng 5 years na pagtitiis para lang sa passport.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    go! maganda maghanap ka na nang work don, para pag dating mo don may work ka na..

Immigrant Visa. I think green card a few weeks after I arrive.

Last year pa yung letter ko from the National Visa Center pero dinelay ko ng delay :P Di ko inaasikaso yung mga requirements

Another reason I want to migrate to the US is to get a US Passport. Feeling ko kasi discriminated ang PH passport. At least with a US passport I can travel pretty much anywhere without the need to apply for a VISA. When I get my US passport after 5 years, I can go back to the PH again :P Pero parang ang tagal ng 5 years na pagtitiis para lang sa passport.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    go! maganda maghanap ka na nang work don, para pag dating mo don may work ka na..
    We have a branch in NY. The boss of my boss regularly goes to our NY office so I'm not sure if I can ask for an endorsement

Pero honestly masaya na ko sa work ko dito. Sweldo lang talaga problema

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast