New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    hilig kasi sa plastic bag mga consumers

sa checkout counter kahit 1 item lang (like 1 bottled water) kailangan pa may plastic bag... iinomin naman agad

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by testament11 View Post
    Someone told me na political will ang nasa likod ng mga banning na ito. Why, may isang pulitiko na may negosyo ng papel. Kunwaring treehugger slash i care for mother earth, pero ang nasa likod nito, para mag-boom ang business niya.

Like I said sa banning nito before. Di kailangan. Kailangan dito, disiplina ng tao, matutong mag-salansan ng mga basura. Wag maging close minded dahil alam nila na pwedeng i-recycle ang plastic. In fact, doon sa aming company ay nag-uumpisa na kami sa recycling plant ng styro. Once ito ay mabuksan na, ito na ang magiging sagot sa mga demand nila para hindi na tuluyang i-ban ang paggamit ng plastics.
    i think it has more to do with our govt keeping up with the green movement in the West

our govt is being influenced by Western environmentalist groups like Greenpeace (and local environmentalists that get their ideas from Western environmentalist groups)

Western environmentalist groups are gaining influence in easy-to-influence developing countries (specially the Phils.)

pero wala sila influence sa China (which is a massive massive polluter of air, land, water. wala sinabi ang Pinas sa China when it comes to pollution pero environmentalists are pushing their agenda here... go figure)

tingnan niyo lang mga "green" ideas ng gobyerno. it's exactly what environmentalists pushed in the West. it's only a matter of time for those ideas to be applied here

re: paperbag idea... diba sa supermarket checkout counter sa States they'll ask you "choke a fish or kill a tree?" -- plastic or paper?

simply follow the green trends abroad sooner or later you'll find it here

so sad our politicians are already greenwashed
    Last edited by uls; March 11th, 2012 at 02:02 PM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    hey green activists, why don't you go to China? (ya that includes you Gina Lopez)

China is the world's top polluter

Home - Action For Our Planet

The countries listed in this top 10 have been found to emit the highest carbon dioxide emissions by the Energy Information Agency (Department of Energy) of the United States. In compiling their data, The Department of Energy estimated carbon emissions from all forms of industry and fossil fuel consumption. The biggest polluting countries are typically the states with the biggest industries, biggest production capabilities and the biggest populations.
    China wins the number one spot for the world’s most polluting country as it emits 6,018 million tonnes of greenhouse gases each year. This comes at little surprise as huge amounts of goods are manufactured in China, then exported all over the world. China also has the world's largest population of 1,324,655,000 so it consumes vast amounts of fossil fuels for transportation, cities, workplaces and food production.
    kasi hindi kayo papansinin ng pro-business, pro-growth government nila

kasi baka ikulong kayo

so nandito kayo sa Pinas (which is far from being a top polluter) kasi very friendly and receptive sa inyo ang gobyerno
    Last edited by uls; March 11th, 2012 at 01:39 PM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i'd like to reiterate that the green movement is dangerous coz it's anti-business and anti-growth

ok lang sa mga mayaman na bansa coz they're fully grown (and actually on the decline) so it's time they clean up

but the Phils. is a growing country... far from full potential pero nandito mga greenies trying to stop growth

where were those greenies when the US was industrializing? oh yeah they didnt exist yet

the green movement grew coz they saw the byproducts of industrialization in their countries

tapos pumunta sila dito sa pre-industrialized world para i-spread ang gospel nila

if our govt gives in to the wishes of environmentalists the only industry that will be left in the Phils. is eco-tourism

ok that's an exaggeration but i know you guys get my point
    Last edited by uls; March 11th, 2012 at 02:21 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's not only business that will be affected. It will also affect the way you eat and what you eat. The movement has already started with "organic foods" resulting in more expensive foods. Supposedly you get "safer" foods but in the end, it's the same food for more money.

Another down side with organic foods is it is LESS productive for the same amount of land used. So if following the law of supply & demand, everyone will be ending up paying more for less. And for people already cash strapped with the ever rising costs of food (and everything else), that is bad news.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Thankfully, I don't think any government is stupid enough to require people to "buy organic".

Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    if our govt gives in to the wishes of environmentalists the only industry that will be left in the Phils. is eco-tourism

ok that's an exaggeration but i know you guys get my point
    Let's not mine in dangerous, inaccessible locations with sparse vegetation, crappy vistas and no available air transport or commercial services... let's send tourists there instead!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    It's not only business that will be affected. It will also affect the way you eat and what you eat. The movement has already started with "organic foods" resulting in more expensive foods. Supposedly you get "safer" foods but in the end, it's the same food for more money.

Another down side with organic foods is it is LESS productive for the same amount of land used. So if following the law of supply & demand, everyone will be ending up paying more for less. And for people already cash strapped with the ever rising costs of food (and everything else), that is bad news.
    CAN'T feed 7 billion+ people with organic farming

it's industrial food production that allows man to feed billions

you need machines. you need chemical fertilizers. you need biotech. you need methods&techniques to produce food on a massive scale to feed the world. organic farms yield just enough to feed a local community

you can't supply McDo's and KFC's worldwide demand for beef and chicken if you raise cows and chicken the traditional way

you need factory farms corn-feeding cows and chicken to fatten them up fast to meet demand

those people who are pro-organic food are the same people who want everyone to drive electric cars or use bicycles

they're the ones who also believe in new age stuff and do yoga and believe in an Earth-goddess called Gaia

if the world goes back to organic farming billions will starve
    Last edited by uls; March 11th, 2012 at 06:33 PM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Let's not mine in dangerous, inaccessible locations with sparse vegetation, crappy vistas and no available air transport or commercial services... let's send tourists there instead!
    Gina Lopez is dangerous

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by uls

Gina Lopez is dangerous
    walang asawayan noh or hiwalay? kaya ganyan kulang ng ***

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Key solution to this is recycle. You can even create jobs by that.

Eto na ngayon ang problema natin. Disiplina!

I agree Gina Lopez is dangerous.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast