New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    maybe i'm too much older than you guys because i do remember the days when meat, chicken and fish were wrapped in paper or paper bags at the wet markets. they use the glossy paper from magazines for making the bags. also they have the meat and chicken hanging from hooks so that much of the blood has dripped and does not get the paper too wet. (in the supermarkets they used paper bags made from "wax paper" for these items.) still in the wet markets, for the "dry" items like vegetables, dried fish, tinapa, mongo, salt, etc. they used ordinary newspaper rolled into a conical shape (imagine the packaging of a cornetto ice cream) or folded and pasted into an envelope using "gawgaw". i had an aunt who used to augment her public teacher's salary by making paper bags from newspapers and sold those to the market vendors. that was until the plastic bags came along, and that was not too long ago as she was still making those paper bags in the early 1980s.

just sharing to you young folks who never experienced this, not arguing. i'm just saying that we did it before, we can still do it now.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yun mga wet items pwede plastic pero isa Lang hinde na pwede padoble,

3. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Call me a Treehugger...but I would be proud to be one. And correct...all cities that ban plastics are not total outright banning of it. Selected fews like wet items are still allowed to use it. The wanton use of plastics just for the sake of profit and convenience ang kino control. We here in Batangas City finally also adopted what Muntinglupa did. Siempre sa una maraming angal ang tao..but konti konting namindset na magdala sila ng reusable bags or face the burden of carrying it in a fragile paper bags. There were already a big improvement in the amount of collection of garbage according to the city administrator. Somebody had to brave the first step. Well eventually plastics will also end if the hydrocarbons runs dry.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    maybe i'm too much older than you guys because i do remember the days when meat, chicken and fish were wrapped in paper or paper bags at the wet markets. they use the glossy paper from magazines for making the bags. also they have the meat and chicken hanging from hooks so that much of the blood has dripped and does not get the paper too wet. (in the supermarkets they used paper bags made from "wax paper" for these items.) still in the wet markets, for the "dry" items like vegetables, dried fish, tinapa, mongo, salt, etc. they used ordinary newspaper rolled into a conical shape (imagine the packaging of a cornetto ice cream) or folded and pasted into an envelope using "gawgaw". i had an aunt who used to augment her public teacher's salary by making paper bags from newspapers and sold those to the market vendors. that was until the plastic bags came along, and that was not too long ago as she was still making those paper bags in the early 1980s.

just sharing to you young folks who never experienced this, not arguing. i'm just saying that we did it before, we can still do it now.
    Yes, I remember having glossy paper and waxed paper to wrap wet market items. But the point of using recycled "paper bags" would be lost because glossy paper and wax paper does not biodegrade. Not to mention, the question of hygiene because you don't know how the old magazines were handled before and during their conversion into recycled "paper bags".

Just sharing.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    i really don't get this plastic bans. napakahirap mag-akyat ng paperbags lalo na pag more than 5 bags sa elevator pag pauwi nasa condo

and wtf is Pasig City Govt up to, pag Friday bawal ang straw. i ordered a Cheeseburger meal w/ coke, fries and burger. yun coke nakalagay sa plastic cup tapos bawal daw straw pag friday, ang hirap mag-drive kaya pag sa drive-in ka bumili

puro kakagaguhan lang yan mga treehuggers/i care for the govt. kaekekan, if you really want to save the environment, exercise and become fit. sa sobrang dami ng obese ngaun at ang bagal kumilos at kailangan naka-aircon lagi ang katawan, yun di nila nakikita

let's face it our environment will only get worse whether we ban plastics or not, bec. we are getting overpopulated. anywhere around the world this is happening na. the thingis nature will try to correct itself sooner or later. so if you wanna be ready for that correction, be ready, be fit, and if you're lucky enough baka ma-survive mo elements. no amount of moral environmental concern can spare you from nature's wrath. it's not as if you clamor for green living now, eh nature will excuse you.

that's one reason why Al Gore was never respected nor taken seriously, He always supports green living pero I think He is like 200 pounds overweight. lakas siguro kumain nun hence lakas kumunsumo ng resources

----

if Ondoy II happens, plastic bag or no plastic bag / clogs or no clogs , if the floods will devastate it will.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Someone told me na political will ang nasa likod ng mga banning na ito. Why, may isang pulitiko na may negosyo ng papel. Kunwaring treehugger slash i care for mother earth, pero ang nasa likod nito, para mag-boom ang business niya.

Like I said sa banning nito before. Di kailangan. Kailangan dito, disiplina ng tao, matutong mag-salansan ng mga basura. Wag maging close minded dahil alam nila na pwedeng i-recycle ang plastic. In fact, doon sa aming company ay nag-uumpisa na kami sa recycling plant ng styro. Once ito ay mabuksan na, ito na ang magiging sagot sa mga demand nila para hindi na tuluyang i-ban ang paggamit ng plastics.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well... how many politicians own paper businesses? This ban is popular in many different cities across the Philippines, whatever the local mayors' or governors' businesses are (mostly construction... ).

One of the main issues is not just biodegradability. If that were all, then waxy paper and glossy paper should be banned, too. Petroleum based plastics do biodegrade over time. The big issue is that plastic bags maintain their shape and strength for much longer. The stretchy, strong plastic can cover and block drainange pipes, smother small animals, birds and fish and cover and kill plants.

I agree that going to waxy paper for wet stuff is not the answer. The answer is forcing a mandate on biodegradable plastics. SM's biodegradable shopping bags should get a free pass from plastic bans. These actually fall apart over time (we should know, we collect and recycle plastic) into smaller pieces that are less harmful to the environment and which will eventually biodegrade more easily.

An all out ban is useless. Just like the one-way streets that allow bicycles, then motorcycles... then tricycles... then whoever lives just half-a-block down the road... to counterflow. For the same reason, an all-out ban has to make an exception for some items. Then more. Then more. Eventually it becomes useless.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Sa mga namamalengke magdala kayo ng lock-it tapos doon nyo ilagay ang isda or karne na bibilhin nyo. Tapos ilagay nyo sa bayong tapos ang problema. Obviously yung lock-it kahit plastic hindi nyo sigurado tinatapon yun.

Ito isa pa ginagawa ko yung mga plastic bottle ng smart-c, gatorade....etc hindi ko tinatapon. Binibigay ko restaurant ng friend ko para pag timplahan ng dishwashing liquid. Marami kasi resto nagstock ng marami plastic bottle para pagtimplahan ng dishwashing. Ako ginagawa ko lagayan ng coins sa business 5cents, 10cents, 25cents....etc

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    and wtf is Pasig City Govt up to, pag Friday bawal ang straw. i ordered a Cheeseburger meal w/ coke, fries and burger. yun coke nakalagay sa plastic cup tapos bawal daw straw pag friday, ang hirap mag-drive kaya pag sa drive-in ka bumili
    Someone here might mention that we folks might be too young to remember that we used to use waxpaper straws back in the "good old days". Unfortunately I do remember those paper straws also will self-unroll itself after a few minutes in your drink. It also gave the drink a disgusting paper taste to your drink as well.

Last edited by ghosthunter; March 11th, 2012 at 11:31 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    charge extra kumg magpapadoble ng plastic like it other countries

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast