New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    My daughter was tricked into allowing her ATM debit card to be swiped for P34K after being invited to a presentation about insurance by MB (Manila Bank?) Insurance Company. Too late when she called me and after I read the rants on the internet. I went to their office and demanded to cancel the coverage and refund the money on the same day since I know that the policy is technically not yet effective. I was given the round arounds and only when I raised my voice that they promised to return the money after 30 to 45 days! I have PM atty JM separately but I am hoping that you have similar experience with this type of scam and can share some useful advise. Appreciate your help.

-----------------------
    ➰Shine the light➰
    -----------------------

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    My daughter was tricked into allowing her ATM debit card to be swiped for P34K after being invited to a presentation about insurance by MB (Manila Bank?) Insurance Company. Too late when she called me and after I read the rants on the internet. I went to their office and demanded to cancel the coverage and refund the money on the same day since I know that the policy is technically not yet effective. I was given the round arounds and only when I raised my voice that they promised to return the money after 30 to 45 days! I have PM atty JM separately but I am hoping that you have similar experience with this type of scam and can share some useful advise. Appreciate your help.

-----------------------
    ➰Shine the light➰
    -----------------------
    Err AFAIK Manila Bank is defunct already. Almost 8-10 years ago yata yun may loan ang church namin diyan sa Bank na yan for our Church Building at sa kalagitnaan na bayaran ng loan namin sumulat yan bank na yan na sa Chinabank na kami magbabayad kasi magsasara na daw

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk