New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    According to my opthalmologist, reading or playing any hand-held video game while inside a moving vehicle is bad for one's eyesight. Reading inside a moving vehicle was one of my bad habits. My daughter's bad habit was playing her hand-held video game inside the car while we were traveling.

My reading habits (including reading inside a moving vehicle) did not do good for my eyesight. I'm not yet forty but I have the eyesight od a 45-year old man. I now have to wear either progressive lenses or doble vista. As for my daughter, she had to wear glasses for 3 1/2 years (6 years old to 9 1/2) and I had to force her to have good habits on reading, playing video games, watching TV and watching videos. After almost for years of wearing glasses, my daughter is not not wearing a pair anymore. I hope that it stays that way and I hope that the good habits she now has would continue on as she matures with age.

However, each of us has different physiology and body metabolism. Maybe your body/eyes can adjust or is more resilient than mine. What I do know however that wearing glasses is not fun...not fun at all. I've looked at Lasik surgery as an option but my doctor told me that it the "damage" is a bit extensive to be corrected by Lasik surgery. Oh well...at least I get to look like Clark Kent..

[B]NOT![/B]
    Last edited by nicolodeon; February 5th, 2007 at 09:32 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Masama, hindi lang sa mata, especially if the reader/player is also the driver.

Seriously, nagbabasa rin ako in a moving vehicle. For me, okay lang. Pero ang iba nahihilo sila.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    reading? as long as hindi madilim.
    playing psp or watching? okay lang it's just the same as
    viewing the moving objects outside.
    Last edited by XTO; February 5th, 2007 at 05:15 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I can tolerate watching movies on a bus, where the TV is high above and far away from my eyes. Sa bus lang to, wala kaming TV/video player sa sasakyan e. Ayoko ngang bumili, lugi ako. Lahat ng tao nage-enjoy, pwera lang ako (driver).

Reading, playing games, texting, etc... talo! 2 minutes lang, hilo na ko.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    hmm nde naman siguro masama mag psp or mag watch ng movies... basta nagblink-blink lang para nde stressed ang mata ahaha kase tendency when playing videogames nde nagbi=blink e... or is it just me?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Reading, texting, etc... talo! 2 minutes lang, hilo na ko.
    pareho kayo ni Esmi, ayaw nya nagte-text kapag nasa umaandar na oto, nahihilo din sya

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Nahihilo ako pag nagbabasa sa sasakyan

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    nakakahilo din. mas ok pa music kasi nakaka relax at hindi nakakahilo basta walang umutot

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    psp or watching a movie might also strain your eyes, imagine your eyes are concentrating simultaneosly on 2 active motion, the vehicle and the movie or game.

siguro, 30 mins is enough, then tell your kids to rest their eyes.

this also hold true on reading on dim lights, yes there would be no problem on reading, but if you could view your iris, they are dilated, meaning they try to adapt on the current situation thereby straining it.

however if your vehicle is like an airplane or a ship, where minimum movement could be felt then it would be ok=)

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I can tolerate watching movies on a bus, where the TV is high above and far away from my eyes. Sa bus lang to, wala kaming TV/video player sa sasakyan e. Ayoko ngang bumili, lugi ako. Lahat ng tao nage-enjoy, pwera lang ako (driver).
    You sound just like my dad.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Masama ba sa mata magbasa sa kotse?