The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rsnald View Post
    mamili kayo kung sino pwede ipang-tapat kay morgan freeman
    - si kuya cesar
    - si rey langit
    - si mike enriquez kaya..."penguin...di kita tantantanan!!" hehehe

pero seriously... siguro si christopher de leon or eddie garcia could have matched morgan freeman... basta yung magaling magdeliver ng dialogs at medyo respectable pakinggan. si ate shawie...medyo oa at comical na ang dating minsan eh.. imho lang naman
    I nominate Mr. Gus Abelgas

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by outmap View Post
    The DVD is out already. Behind the voice of Morgan Freeman, astig! Imagine his deep voice full of compassion.
    ah talaga? thanks! time to visit the pirates of the caribbean

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    if they were really deadset in translating this movie in order to "philippinize" this piece of artwork, they should have translated this strictly in tagalog for tagalog audiences, visayan for visayan audiences, ilonggo for ilonggo audiences, and so on and so forth. ang swanget pakinggan sa taglish nito malamang

and even if sharon is the producer of this documentary flick, she should have chosen a filipino/s narrator who can give morgan freeman a run for his money. for example, she could have casted the multi-awarded joonee gambo to do the tagalog narration. Of course, she should do the same thing for our other dialects

siyempre opinyon ko lang naman iyan

outmaps says:

Behind the voice of Morgan Freeman, astig! Imagine his deep voice full of compassion.
    i prefer more the bass filled voice of james earl jones. unfortunately, children may inadvertently associate darth vader and the dark side to the life and times of penguins :starwars:
    Last edited by baludoy; September 5th, 2006 at 01:03 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    mark logan

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I think the one of the broader objectives into dubbing the movie taglish is for the movie and the message/lesson it brings to reach out to all walks of life here in the Philippines - magaling mang mag English or hindi.

However, I agree with Baludoy - they should've considered dubbing it in all our major dialects if their objective is to reach all types of audiences in the Philippines.

Taglish, Tagalog, English or Visayan - I'm going to watch this movie. I don't care.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon View Post
    I think the one of the broader objectives into dubbing the movie taglish is for the movie and the message/lesson it brings to reach out to all walks of life here in the Philippines - magaling mang mag English or hindi.

However, I agree with Baludoy - they should've considered dubbing it in all our major dialects if their objective is to reach all types of audiences in the Philippines.

Taglish, Tagalog, English or Visayan - I'm going to watch this movie. I don't care.
    i think some of us just resent the choice of getting another narrator (Sharon) when Morgan Freeman's voice was splendid for the job. you hear taglish everyday especially on tv. so why not preserve the beauty of the english version as a treat since this is on a special screen (movie?) she's a megastar and she could give a lot of publicity for this movie without doing the narration herself. (oo na inaamin ko si ate vi lang idol ko, hahahah; joke=)

ot: nic, di na ako maka-access sa kameraderie. what happened? palaging error, cannot access website. meron kasi akong ibabalita. yung bocaue arts and culture society (BACS) who sponsored a photography contest which you also posted a while back, will announce the winners on september 15, 2006 at 6PM at 20/20 art gallery in bocaue (that is beside macdonalds.) those who submitted an entry (i did) are invited. paki-relay nalang po. thanks.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
    i think some of us just resent the choice of getting another narrator (Sharon) when Morgan Freeman's voice was splendid for the job. you hear taglish everyday especially on tv. so why not preserve the beauty of the english version as a treat since this is on a special screen (movie?) she's a megastar and she could give a lot of publicity for this movie without doing the narration herself. (oo na inaamin ko si ate vi lang idol ko, hahahah; joke=)

ot: nic, di na ako maka-access sa kameraderie. what happened? palaging error, cannot access website. meron kasi akong ibabalita. yung bocaue arts and culture society (BACS) who sponsored a photography contest which you also posted a while back, will announce the winners on september 15, 2006 at 6PM at 20/20 art gallery in bocaue (that is beside macdonalds.) those who submitted an entry (i did) are invited. paki-relay nalang po. thanks.
    OT din: Kapatid, up na - medyo nagkaroon ng technical problem. Anyways, we'll be updating the community soon (like what Tsikot and Jedi did for Tsikot and Gadgets). Sige, I would post an annoucement dun mamya. Member ka ba ng BACS? Sort of....adviser nila ako, he he he. Baka magkakilala pa tayo, kapatid CtrlAltDel. ;)

BTT: I've no objection to Sharon dubbing the documentary movie. However, it doesn't mean that I approve of her choice either. It could be because Sharon is the....top commercial endorser here in the Philippines, a figure known to all walks of life. Therefore, the distributors of the movie might want to cash-in or ride on her popularity to...."ensure" the commercial success of the movie. One avenue that the distributors could have taken is to have the movie in its original English format and just add subtitles.

O kaya, dubbed in Taglish pero si Mother Ricky or si Ogie Diaz ang mag dub.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The movies are a great way to brush up on English. Tignan mo mga bata ngayon magaling mag-English dahil sa Disney channel.

Taglish kahit saang kanto, taglish naman ang salita. Parang nawawala na yung pagiging 'cinematic' experience ng pelikula.

Kung english, straight english. Kung tagalog, straight tagalog. Hindi naman si Kris Aquino ang producer niyan diba?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
March of the Penguins in Taglish?