New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Just for us Filipinos, the fun and exciting nature movie March of the Penguins will be dubbed in Taglish by Sharon Cuneta. The English version is narrated by Morgan Freeman.

If you're a fan or family member of Sharon, you will like this. But this is not fair to fans of Nora and Ate Vi, hehehe.

Kidding aside, would you know if this is only available in Taglish, as my family really wanted to watch it on the big screen in English version?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    di ko alam kung ipapalabas yung english version but I was really dissapointed when they said that it will be shown here in taglish..

will wait for the dvd instead.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    i have nothing against taglish. but i feel its a downgrade from the english version. the taglish will be called yata, "Penguin, Penguin, Paano Ka Ginawa?" No, thank you.

malamang ganun na nga gagawin namin pag walang english version sa big screen. di na kami manonood at hintay nalang sa english dvd from edu manzano's sworn enemies.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by NazQ View Post
    di ko alam kung ipapalabas yung english version but I was really dissapointed when they said that it will be shown here in taglish..

will wait for the dvd instead.
    The DVD is out already. Behind the voice of Morgan Freeman, astig! Imagine his deep voice full of compassion.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    English sa meron, am sick of sharon hehehehe

sana si howie severino na lang

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    After watching the dvd, the star attraction of this nature documentary was Morgan Freeman's narration. Just like the War of the Worlds (which featured his narration at the beginning and the end), his voice lends a touch of class to the movie. Replacing it with Sharon's voice is a loss for local movieviewers.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ekh... Sharon? There are better Narrative Voices out there... Hindi ba available si Kuya Bodjie?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mamili kayo kung sino pwede ipang-tapat kay morgan freeman
    - si kuya cesar
    - si rey langit
    - si mike enriquez kaya..."penguin...di kita tantantanan!!" hehehe

pero seriously... siguro si christopher de leon or eddie garcia could have matched morgan freeman... basta yung magaling magdeliver ng dialogs at medyo respectable pakinggan. si ate shawie...medyo oa at comical na ang dating minsan eh.. imho lang naman

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    si sharon ang nagproduce nung filipino version nun, tsaka me masa appeal si sharon to attrack movie goers, il get a dvd of that in quiapo when i go to manila=)

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cutedoc View Post
    si sharon ang nagproduce nung filipino version nun, tsaka me masa appeal si sharon to attrack movie goers, il get a dvd of that in quiapo when i go to manila=)

Yes, it would be interesting to see how the taglish version fares with the original one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
March of the Penguins in Taglish?